Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2012, 02:00 AM

How Old Is Your Car?

My Katy is just coming up to 11 years old and yesterday she failed her MoT for the first time, but easily fixable, albeit a bit expensive for me.

For how long have you kept just one car, and why?
TWHRider
South Eastern U.S.
TWHRider is female  TWHRider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2012, 02:31 AM

Re: How Old Is Your Car?

My four wheel drive truck is a 1978 that I bought in 1981. It runs better today than it did when new; I had it re-built.

My car is a 2002 that I bought new.

Hubby's Ford F-350 Lariat is a 1988 that he bought in 1990 and runs better today than when it was new; he re-built it.

He bought 1996 Ford Ranger at the auto auction in 2007, I think. He completely re-built it.

As to why? They are all paid for and have been for a gazillion years. They are a lot easier to work on than the new trucks and insurance is waaaay cheaper too

The two big trucks do every bit the job a 40K truck can do minus that big honkin' payment.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2012, 04:58 AM

I usually buy a car about 2 years old and keep it for a couple of years. My present car, a Peugeot 308, is 4 years old.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2012, 06:00 AM

I have an old VW Pasatte Estate and she's 11 Years too., I've had her for 8 of those years. I love that car and wouldn't part with her. I'll run her till she can't run no more lol. I know it's daft but that's just the way it is. She still purrs up and down the road between Thurso and Perth without blinking. Then I expect I'll swipe Himself's Landrover and he can get a new one lol.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2012, 09:42 AM

My lovely KA is now ten years old and i have to say that until this year we have not had much trouble with her. Having said that at the mot it didnt cost that much to repair, i can honestly say one careful lady owner.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2012, 10:18 AM

I usually start from new or nearly new when buying a car and then keep it for quite a few years (unless one of the children persuade me that they need it).
This current car is a Golf tsi estate and will soon be 3 years old. I bought it at 4 months old with 700 miles on it from a VW dealer. It was an ex-demonstrator with a new type of engine. It came with loads of factory fitted extras on it. Just about everything anyone could want so they could promote the new engine in the showroom. They even put leather upholstery on it and I think I got it for a decent price, but who knows. I love this car and will keep it for as long as I can hang onto it - kids are sniffing round it already.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2012, 11:34 AM

Current car coming up to 6 years old and I plan to keep it until it dies. Which I hope is another 10 years or so.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2012, 12:21 PM

I changed my car this year for a Kia Ceed and it will be 4 years old in September. Really pleased with it

Incidentally I cannot understand why some people call their cars 'she' and some even give it a name. Its a man made object so how can it have a gender. Its the same with ships as well. They are all 'its ' to me as i don't see how they can be anything else
dollie
west sussex
dollie is female  dollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2012, 01:47 PM

oh dear i need to go to specsavers i thought the title of this thread was how old is your cat!
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2012, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by dollie ->
oh dear i need to go to specsavers i thought the title of this thread was how old is your cat!
lol dollie

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top