Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2012, 07:13 AM

Re: How Old Is Your Car?

Before I retired I had a Renault 21 which I had for 18years and it only had 28000 on the clock,( I mainly use the company Van) when I sold it a day after I retired and bought a new car. Since I retired I have had five cars, I get fed up of them easily, my latest is a Kia Ce'ed diesel which I really love, top speed of 120mph and 50 mph around town, I think I will keep this until I stop driving, er, unless I get fed up with it.
ps, it is over two years old now.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2012, 07:38 AM

I stopped driving 3 years ago, I got fed up with the standard of driving out there, and gave my car to my son.
I don't know about you but, I find there is not the motoring etiquette that there used to be, people seem to drive with very little respect for each other.
I have saved a fortune, and the money comes in handy for the nicer things in life.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2012, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Before I retired I had a Renault 21 which I had for 18years and it only had 28000 on the clock,( I mainly use the company Van) when I sold it a day after I retired and bought a new car. Since I retired I have had five cars, I get fed up of them easily, my latest is a Kia Ce'ed diesel which I really love, top speed of 120mph and 50 mph around town, I think I will keep this until I stop driving, er, unless I get fed up with it.
ps, it is over two years old now.
I think you and I have the same model Bob. 1.6 diesel eng ? It is so economical as well. On my last trip to Norfolk I did 500 miles on half a tank of fuel. Mine will be 4 years old in September and I am planning to keep it until I stop driving as well. 7 year warranty is great too. My previous car was a Kia Rio. I don't think you can beat the Kias for reliability
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2012, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
I stopped driving 3 years ago, I got fed up with the standard of driving out there, and gave my car to my son.
I don't know about you but, I find there is not the motoring etiquette that there used to be, people seem to drive with very little respect for each other.
I have saved a fortune, and the money comes in handy for the nicer things in life.
Your so right, After I had an Operation a couple of Years ago,I wasn't to drive for 6 Weeks. I couldn't believe how much Money I had at the end of the Week.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2012, 11:12 PM

Well, as I said at the beginning of this thread, mine is 11 years old and for the first time on Tuesday she failed her MoT. However, today, she's had new brake cables and a new brake pipe so she's right to roll again. I don't go far and there's just 31,469+ miles on the clock.

I do so agree that the etiquette of modern drivers leaves an awful lot to be desired. Only the other day, I thought I was driving Mollie's Magnetised Motor as three cars came out of side streets at me; two almost pulled out in front of me then stopped, but the third just came out broadside on to me. Luckily, I was only doing 20 mph (the speed limit) and I managed to stop. The driver waved "thank you" to me but I called him a naughty name. There's no pleasure in driving these days. Grrrr!
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2012, 03:46 AM

I'm driving a 2009 GMC pickup truck with 108,000 km on it. Oil needed changing at 88,000 and I can't count how many times the OH has said he'll do it... now it stalls when I make a right turn and I'm getting quite proficient at slipping it into Neutral, restarting it while still rolling and putting in back into Drive. Got a startled look from a young fella on the curb yesterday when I pulled that stunt right beside him.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2012, 01:03 AM

10 years old but looks new
Cosmos
UK
Cosmos is female  Cosmos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2018, 02:37 PM

my car is 18 months old....I drive a Yeti....
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2018, 02:40 PM

Mine's older than this thread, W reg whatever that is!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2018, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
My Katy is just coming up to 11 years old and yesterday she failed her MoT for the first time, but easily fixable, albeit a bit expensive for me.

For how long have you kept just one car, and why?
I bought mine, brand new, in 2016.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top