Join for free
Page 3 of 50 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 07:25 AM

Re: Greta Thunberg ... again

Good point Muddy.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 07:28 AM

Freedom of speech is more important, when an individual wholeheartedly believes in what they are saying.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 08:41 AM

Well I've been lurking on this thread and there's one thing that is shockingly obvious.

We NEED people like Greta and the young environmental activists because people of our age - and younger are living in cloud cuckoo land.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Well I've been lurking on this thread and there's one thing that is shockingly obvious.

We NEED people like Greta and the young environmental activists because people of our age - and younger are living in cloud cuckoo land.
No we don't Todger, the're a bloody pest, and have been put up to it by someone older....parents, teachers the internet etc.
That's the trouble these days with the Media and Internet....There are too many people telling us what we should be doing without coming up with a solution...
I'm certainly not going to take advice about how I live my life from a child with no experience of life...
There seems to be a trend these days for advertisers to use children to sell ideas and other things because they are so innocent, but behind each innocent kid is some shyster with an agenda...

And no Muddy! it's not just their future, it's everybody's future regardless of how old you are. I'm sick to the back molars of people saying we have made a mess of the world.....We did what we thought was right at the time and given the information we had. Our parents did what they thought was best for us, and we have done the best for our children. If you want to live on this planet you must take from it or die...
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 11:03 AM

She should start by telling all school kids to walk to school and not be mamby pambied by their parents driving them there, in their fuel guzzling motors.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 11:10 AM

Thank goodness for the emergence of Environmental Warriors.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Thank goodness for the emergence of Environmental Warriors.
Todger, Please tell me what these ‘Environmental Warriors’ do in their normal life to save the planet other than shout about it?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

22-09-2019, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Todger, Please tell me what these ‘Environmental Warriors’ do in their normal life to save the planet other than shout about it?
Raise awareness amongst those who are indifferent or worse yet in denial.

That's a worthwhile thing to spend all day doing. The present level of ignorance, though understandable, is appalling.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Don't worry Arty, once these warriors have kids and mortgages they will take their place in the natural progression of life....And realise what the priorities of life really are....And it's not reading stuff on the internet and being angry all the time.....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

22-09-2019, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Don't worry Arty, once these warriors have kids and mortgages they will take their place in the natural progression of life....And realise what the priorities of life really are....And it's not reading stuff on the internet and being angry all the time.....
Foxy, I wonder how many of these ‘warriors’ have wood burning stoves in their homes?
The smoke and fumes from these aren’t helping the cause.

Page 3 of 50 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top