Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
RJG
UK
RJG is female  RJG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 11:50 AM

Flattery will get you nowhere

If I ask for someone's opinion I expect them to tell me the truth even if I am not going to like what they have to say. If a person asks for my opinion about what they are wearing, for instance, I will always be truthful, even if it isn't what they wish to hear.

Thank goodness I can always rely on my husband and children telling me the truth about me, whether or not I ask for their opinion.

Are other posters truthful when asked for their opinion ?
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 12:01 PM

Re: Flattery will get you nowhere

Originally Posted by RJG ->
If I ask for someone's opinion I expect them to tell me the truth even if I am not going to like what they have to say.
You think people you don't know are psychic and know what you expect to hear?
RJG
UK
RJG is female  RJG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
You think people you don't know are psychic and know what you expect to hear?
I am talking about people I know.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 12:29 PM

I seem to be quite good at telling the truth. There are ways to say things without being harsh or offending anyone....but I can be as blunt as anything if its warranted.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 12:53 PM

I couldn't care less. What people have to say on forums is of no matter to me at all, they aren't my reality.
Well, since you have returned from being here previously...it seems to me (at least) that you think this forum is pretty important to you in some small way. Personally I think its lovely when members come back and are welcomed - feels like a wee community.
RJG
UK

19-04-2021, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Well, since you have returned from being here previously...it seems to me (at least) that you think this forum is pretty important to you in some small way. Personally I think its lovely when members come back and are welcomed - feels like a wee community.
I don't feel like that about forums, to me they are a displacement activity when I have a few moments to spare. Unless you have actually met people in real life you can't know what they are really like at all. In the past I have met in person some members of forums on which I used to post, with one exception they were nothing like the way they portrayed themselves on the Internet.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 02:02 PM

I don't feel like that about forums, to me they are a displacement activity when I have a few moments to spare. Unless you have actually met people in real life you can't know what they are really like at all. In the past I have met in person some members of forums on which I used to post, with one exception they were nothing like the way they portrayed themselves on the Internet.

And were you how you'd being portraying yourself?

As for us being merely 'a displacement activity when you have a few moments to spare,' I can only assume you have a lot of free 'moments to spare.'
RJG
UK

19-04-2021, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

As for us being merely 'a displacement activity when you have a few moments to spare,' I can only assume you have a lot of free 'moments to spare.'
Yes, but I don't expect anyone to believe that to be true unless they have actually met me.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 02:10 PM

I hope people from forums I have met think I am exactly as I seem & I have met a few. I thought they were the same. I also have pen pals & I have met a few of those also. They were all lovely people.

I would always try to be truthful to anyone asking my opinion on anything, but sometimes you need to be tactful about it.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

LOL! Haven't we heard that one before, Mups, many times!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top