Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 03:11 PM

The area I live in

My house is the middle of a terraced block and the gardens are postage stamp size and we live side by side with neighbours. When I moved here 17 years ago all living here were decent respectable folk over 60 who looked out for each other .

Times change and in the last 4 years some died and some moved on leaving new neighbours arriving , and I'm sad to say causing
Issues . These people seem to have no care or respect for those of us who have been here what seems forever. Next to me a dog sits feet away from my fencing barking and barking , it's never told to be quiet even though they are sitting feet away from it indoors watching TV or reading , it is just allowed to bark . The people are not neighbourly and although in the past I would acknowledge them they choose to walk past as if I'm invisible. The gardens are left to grow enormous weeds and in one garden nextdoor but one is piled with sofas and junk been there 6 months . Where is the respect for homes and people ?

The issue for me is I've loved my home and look after it yet of late the barking dog ( not left alone to bark indoors I must add as they dont work ) the state of the gardens and accumulating junk in gardens is getting to me and I'm starting to wish to move away yet it's the last thing I want in all honesty and moving might be even worse as I cant afford to buy in a better area of housing I may jump out of the fire into the frying pan .

I'm just having a grumble as I know there is nothing I can do it's best to keep my head down like others do and just keep my home decent and my fences high as I've always done .

I live in hope decent folk will eventually move in to our little row of terraced
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 03:16 PM

Re: The area I live in

report the issue to the ernvironmental health. If you can add a video/ recording with the dog barking and the mess next door that will help your case. they are not allowed to divulge where they got the information from
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 03:18 PM

Hint. Dogs simply love Senokot laxative. Two or three should do it. Just before being taken indoors would be best.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Hint. Dogs simply love Senokot laxative. Two or three should do it. Just before being taken indoors would be best.

😮😮😮😮.....I know I shouldn’t, but.....😂🤣😅
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 03:26 PM

Sorry to hear this Susan, I hope you get it sorted soon, I have the same problem here, with 2 dogs opposite me, I’ve been in the garden most of the day, they have been constantly barking and howling...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 03:26 PM

Yeah, but then the dog would probably get punished for messing indoors!
Not one of your best ideas, Todger.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yeah, but then the dog would probably get punished for messing indoors!
Not one of your best ideas, Todger.
It's been done. It also creates a conversation piece at posh dinner parties organised by snobs, in this case before we moved from Essex. In Manchester Ex-Lax was fave for supercharging dogs!

I was not always the polite shrinking violet that I became later in life.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 03:43 PM

Hi Susan what an unpleasant situation to deal with, it must make you feel quite 'besieged'
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 03:58 PM

Susan I can imagine how what you’ve described is getting to you .
Would you consider selling ,downsizing into a rented flat , moving into a community of people around your own age ? There are such places .
I’ve looked at plenty in Dorset while on holiday with a view to moving South .
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 04:17 PM

Trouble is if the dogs chit in the house as those owners sound irresponsible i fear the dogs might get punished. Poor dogs.

Poor you Susan I feel sad for you as I feel your despair and sadness at how times have changed but not for the better.

Hugs for you xxxxccc

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top