Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 02:40 PM

Re: has anyone grown cucumbers....

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Can you recommend a radio station that has a particularly nurturing effect Pixie ?
Soft jazz, or anything gentle that doesn't jar the ambience, Annie
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Soft jazz, or anything gentle that doesn't jar the ambience, Annie
I will try and let you know how it goes.

The cumbers in the bathroom are now forming buds and thriving. I will post a photo if they reach full bloom. I just hope they don't hook up with the blinds.
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

28-05-2021, 04:06 PM

Just put a cucumber plant down in my greenhouse. The same sort as last year. Early days yet, but if it's anything like last year - well we had so many that apart from giving a load away we're still eating sliced pickled cucumber vintage 2020. The biggest one weighed in at just over half a kilo.

If you're growing in a pot the you definitely need a very large one, plenty of water and some liquid fertilizer every now and again.

I've also got a couple of gherkin Restina plants in the grrenhouse grown from seeds. Will keep you posted on how they all get on.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top