Join for free
Page 27 of 27 « First < 17 25 26 27
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2013, 05:42 PM

Re: Fancy a natter

I have a short heartwarming story for you:
Whether it is true or not, I really don't know but was supposedly about Oscar Wilde visiting Guernsey and coming across a child sobbing.

I read recently a story about a childs cat that was drowned by her wicked father, for licking the butter.
The girl sat on the side of a lane, sobbing.
A stranger stopped, asked why she was crying. The girl told him and the stranger said, if we sit here quietly, I might be able to get in touch with your cat - I have always been able to do this...you know that a cat has nine lives?
So they sat for a while, until the girl's crying slowed and the stranger said, 'oh yes, your cat has just been re-born and is owned by a little boy in France .. the french boy is very pleased with his new kitten and loves him'.
If you give me your address, I'll write to you about how the cat is doing.
So, for next few years, the stranger would write to the little girl about the cat's adventures, how much he was loved, and that he slept at the bottom of the French boys bed.

Aaahhh.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2013, 06:00 PM

True or not - its loverly aint it...
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2013, 07:35 PM

We are just about to put our clocks forward an hour - I find it a pain in the proverbial - I don't see the reason for it anymore

Page 27 of 27 « First < 17 25 26 27

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top