Join for free
Page 3 of 27 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2012, 08:12 PM

Re: Fancy a natter

I'd forgotten Wartime Farm too Not sure what time it is on, may have to record it, 'cos I'm so tired after last night.. I should think I'll be having an early one tonight
Managed to get my winter pansy plugs potted on - I'm going to fill hanging baskets and two containers out front, so should be a nice cheery winter display.
Blimey Lynne, your hubby has a good appetite!
Meg, you are very lucky having twin grandchildren, I'm quite jealous
Lynne55
Lancs.
Lynne55 is female  Lynne55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2012, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
I'd forgotten Wartime Farm too Not sure what time it is on, may have to record it, 'cos I'm so tired after last night.. I should think I'll be having an early one tonight

Blimey Lynne, your hubby has a good appetite!
Its on now Janela. Started at 8 pm on BBC2.
Dont talk to me about hubbies appetite. Its cost me a fortune to get rid of him for the weekend
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2012, 08:40 PM

Thanks Lynne, got it on.
Weren't those bee hives lovely ?
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2012, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
I hope it's a good size pie, otherwise by the sounds of it poor old grandson will have to go without....

Anyone watching Wartime Farm tonight? Doesn't it bring home to you how spoiled we are these days...
It was a good size but there is only a one portion left so you will have to fight over it
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK

11-10-2012, 09:32 PM

Big disaster in the kitchen...our coffee machine has gone wrong
It was making a lot of 'glumping' 'grumbling' noises, overheated and gave up the ghost.
Emergency shopping trip in the morning
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2012, 09:33 PM

Sorry double post
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2012, 06:36 PM

We went out to lunch today to a local hostelry that has recently changed hands. The place has certainly changed, from what used to be a very staid and old fashioned interior, it's now decked out with soft lighting and plush soft furnishings, something like an arabian nights boudoir...

Having said that though the food was fabulous. I had pate for starters (the plate had three different pates and 6 melba toasts with a side salad), followed by pork loin on a bed of bubble and squeak and a selection of green veg, with the most decadent chocolate fudge cake with caramel ice cream for pud. What a feast, the only drawback being having to now miss my next two meals just to make up for the overdose of calories.... hey ho, no pain no gain..
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2012, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
We went out to lunch today to a local hostelry that has recently changed hands. The place has certainly changed, from what used to be a very staid and old fashioned interior, it's now decked out with soft lighting and plush soft furnishings, something like an arabian nights boudoir...

Having said that though the food was fabulous. I had pate for starters (the plate had three different pates and 6 melba toasts with a side salad), followed by pork loin on a bed of bubble and squeak and a selection of green veg, with the most decadent chocolate fudge cake with caramel ice cream for pud. What a feast, the only drawback being having to now miss my next two meals just to make up for the overdose of calories.... hey ho, no pain no gain..
Sounds like an Uncle Joe Type Meal to me lol. Glad you enjoyed it..
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2012, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Sounds like an Uncle Joe Type Meal to me lol. Glad you enjoyed it..
Yes Roxy, I think he would have been proud of me, but where is he lately, anyone heard? Hope he's OK.....
Anji0007
Wales UK
Anji0007 is female  Anji0007 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2012, 07:38 PM

Sounds lovely, that meal would last me 3 days lol

Page 3 of 27 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top