Join for free
Page 2 of 32 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2012, 04:52 PM

Re: What's in a name.

Well Lucky old you knowing who you are sometimes I have to sit and think who am I.But thats the disadvantage of being an Annie.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2012, 04:55 PM

Oh my God now Passwords cause me one hell of a lot of trouble as once written straight out of the memory area and into the trash can.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2012, 06:04 PM

I'm with you Annie, I forget passwords in a trice and then have to click on FORGOTTTEN PASSWORDS
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2012, 02:26 AM

I've never joined any forum with any other name but my own as I've never seen the point of having a pseudonym, nor understood the need.

I is a Mollie and that's me name.

As to passwords, 'tis simplicity in itself. I have a little notebook with all my passwords to different places I visit written down. Nowt complicated in that.

Why have a username, but give your real name in your profile? That baffles me when you could join with your real name to begin with and then for folk to use your real name in posts.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria

26-12-2012, 07:35 PM

I think its called anonymity Mollie, but I don't see the reason for it either,lifes a struggle without calling yourself something you wont be able to remember tomorrow.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2013, 11:17 PM

Most folks use a pseudonym, but in response, on topics, folks original names are quoted, what's that about.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2013, 02:05 AM

I'm just plain Sue and that name is usually taken anywhere I try to use it so I picked Annie + Jack for my daughter's pet bunnies. I'm used to being referred to as AJ or Annie here and rather like it.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2013, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
I mean no offence, but I struggle with posts using real names rather than group names. What's the point of having user names if they're ignored in favour of real names. I have to keep looking up profiles. I repeat, no offence intended, just a personal niggle. I suppose in time I'll remember who is Victor & who is Vivian, Victoria & Vivien
You can use my real name or my user name Robert they are the same
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2013, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
I mean no offence, but I struggle with posts using real names rather than group names. What's the point of having user names if they're ignored in favour of real names. I have to keep looking up profiles. I repeat, no offence intended, just a personal niggle. I suppose in time I'll remember who is Victor & who is Vivian, Victoria & Vivien
I agree - if people have put up a forum name, I'll tend to use that rather than their real one; if they prefer the use of their real name then I'd comply with that instead. Till that happens, I use the name that appears on the screen as that is what they wished to be known as.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2013, 09:50 AM

On most forums I use my real name (bad memory I would forget who I was otherwise !). Only on forums where my username is already taken do I look for another usually end up with one of my dogs names

Page 2 of 32 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top