Join for free
Page 2 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2013, 04:09 PM

Re: Life's Irritations

For me the major irritation of my life, even now, is the fact that no matter what I do jobwise, I always, ALWAYS get stuck with people to work with or alongside who obviously do not like to working for a living!

I ended up redoing most of what I ask them to do, despite careful, explicit instruction, yet it often seems that everyone else thinks that they are wonderful!

For example, you ask someone to do a job that you know without a shadow of a doubt should take them 2 hours to do it properly and, 15 mins later they come back and say "What's next?" stevmk2
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2013, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Nobaggage ->
When waiting for a man to do any thing.... Grab his tools and start doing it your self .... they soon come do it as they dont like you touching their tools .....
Now there's a thought. I'll buy a grab bar and then take his drill and start drilling holes in the bathroom tile...
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2013, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
For me the major irritation of my life, even now, is the fact that no matter what I do jobwise, I always, ALWAYS get stuck with people to work with or alongside who obviously do not like to working for a living!

I ended up redoing most of what I ask them to do, despite careful, explicit instruction, yet it often seems that everyone else thinks that they are wonderful!

For example, you ask someone to do a job that you know without a shadow of a doubt should take them 2 hours to do it properly and, 15 mins later they come back and say "What's next?" stevmk2
Oh yes I know what you mean......
Im so glad now to of left my job .... I use to keep my nose down and work hard all day doing the work of others while they brown nosed the manager constantly standing around talking rather than doing .... and then I would be told off for not being a team player as I didnt use my job as a form of socalising ... That use to so get my goat ... .I once asked my manager if she truley wanted me to stand around all evening talking or working ? she didnt have an answer
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2013, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
Now there's a thought. I'll buy a grab bar and then take his drill and start drilling holes in the bathroom tile...
Worth a try Annie - how I love and appreciate my hubbs, he never sprawls and your grab bar would have been done long ago
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2013, 04:35 PM

Think I may have mentioned this before, but it does not hurt to say it again. On public transport buses, the first seat immediately to the right of the door is always dedicated as being for pensioners it has a large notice on the side of the bus stating this fact, usually something like 'this seat is reserved for pensioners/disabled'. So it really gets my goat when having stood for ten/fifteen minutes waiting for the bus, and having back/leg problems which make standing still for more than a minute or two quite painful, I flash my pass, turn to sit, and find the seat occupied by young (well younger than me lol)people. And they ignore you! Mutter away, glare at the sign, makes no odds, they continue to sit. And I know I could ask them politely to move, but it is way too embarrassing. I truly think that the drivers should be told by their employers that it is their job to ensure that those seats are not occupied by those who do not qualify. And before someone jumps down my throat and says that maybe the person has some 'invisible' disability, then if they have they would have a pass, and therefore the driver would let them be, but no pass and he should tell them to move. If this was a rule then we would know that the person occupying the seat had a disability pass.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2013, 04:41 PM

You are in the same boat as me Des, I have hubbs to take me to the shops tho' I would not be happy to have to put up with that... It worries me that this attitude that seems to be prevalent is here to stay now....
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2013, 04:49 PM

That's like seeing able-bodied folks with no permit displayed on their dashboard park in spots clearly marked as reserved for the handicapped. I walk with a cane and I've never bothered to get a permit as my doc suggests walking regularly for exercise anyway. I don't care if I park further from a store. I'd like to think someone more in need will take the spot.

I did ask for a seat on the bus once because I was so fatigued and dizzy. Not only did the person I asked immediately stand up, but so did two others, all offering. That was kind.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

24-03-2013, 04:54 PM

Annie - now dont that just make your day - week even
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada

24-03-2013, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Annie - now dont that just make your day - week even
It sure did. Once I gave in and started to use the cane for safety's sake I noticed people treated me with a bit more consideration. I was embarrassed at first because I don't like a fuss. Cashier at the coffee shop offered to carry my mug to a table for me, that sort of thing. I try to manage on my own but it does restore one's faith in human nature, doesn't it?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

24-03-2013, 05:34 PM

It does Annie - just shows its the little things that do make us happier. My cane seems to evoke a better attitude, sadly not with all, but some at least...

Page 2 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top