Join for free
Page 3 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2013, 05:39 PM

Re: Life's Irritations

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
It does Annie - just shows its the little things that do make us happier. My cane seems to evoke a better attitude, sadly not with all, but some at least...
This thread has me thinking now... with the non-slip rubber tip on the cane I might just keep it handy when I shower. Should be useful stepping in and out of the tub.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2013, 05:42 PM

Oh God If you're gonna do that - make sure its near new condition. Didn't realise mine had worn down so much until it wasn't gripping walking to the shop....
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2013, 05:44 PM

Annie dont know if you will know what I mean as its some thing i have only seen in England ..... But you know the little pieces of rubber with suckers on that you stick one side to the wall and one side to your soap ?
When I had my accident and was worried about getting in and out of the bath I had one in each hand to give me better grip on the shiney surfaces .... It worked a treat
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2013, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Nobaggage ->
Annie dont know if you will know what I mean as its some thing i have only seen in England ..... But you know the little pieces of rubber with suckers on that you stick one side to the wall and one side to your soap ?
When I had my accident and was worried about getting in and out of the bath I had one in each hand to give me better grip on the shiney surfaces .... It worked a treat
Yes, I know what you mean - great idea, thanks!
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada

24-03-2013, 05:50 PM

Like this sort of thing.... I don't need to put weight on it, just steady myself.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2013, 05:50 PM

Its a good idea Bags - but I cant get the picture of you and Annie off my mind now - doing that
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

24-03-2013, 05:52 PM

Green - has the look of a frog You'll look like a 'clambering frog Annie....
Nobaggage
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2013, 05:54 PM

no more like this so you can hold it in your hand as a grip
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&k...l_24sal7o8nh_e

Hope this works as im no good at posting links
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada

24-03-2013, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Its a good idea Bags - but I cant get the picture of you and Annie off my mind now - doing that
Here's something to take your mind off that Pats...
you're very welcome

My goodness, we've turned this thread around...
Nobaggage

24-03-2013, 05:57 PM

So if you have problems getting in and out of bed tie a piece of rope to end of bed to pull you up or hook it behind your feet and pull up
I also used the soap holders for bannisters on stair cases as well.

Page 3 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top