Join for free
Page 34 of 34 « First < 24 32 33 34
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2014, 12:36 PM

Re: New Expressions You Hate

Originally Posted by Dobra ->
TV selling channels - stunning, amazing etc etc. Presenters have limited vocabularies.
So true - really makes me teeth itch, they are irritating in the extreme

I wish people would stop saying 'Bring it on' UGH
Especially the ladies, sounds so stupid ........
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2014, 02:44 PM

My young cousin has just arrived back from beefa. At the moment my hated expression is:

I am a Nigerian Student named Presley, I need funds to enable myself to go to college will you blah blah blah give me money and lots of it so that I don't have to go back to Nigeria embarrassed because I have no education.

I explained to Presley that he had more hope of a cool reception in hell than me ever giving anyone money. I also explained other facts of live to him.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2014, 02:22 PM

Not so much a hated expression as such, but I hate all this pseudo 'gangsta' talk, the mash up of fake African/Caribbean/Asian combo.

I have just been reading about the passing of that wonderful actor Sir Donald Sinden and it mentions his distress at the way people today 'lose' the ends of words, and that drives me nuts also, and I hate, hate, hate the way people nowadays no longer seem capable of pronouncing the phoneme 'th'.grrrrr

Page 34 of 34 « First < 24 32 33 34

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top