Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2015, 12:53 PM

beware scam from China

Wasn't sure where to post this...

Recently bought a pair of Converse ladies trainers from a website called dynamicdesign.co.uk and all seemed well and above board.
Emails all seemed fine and no reason to doubt anything at all.
Then from China I received a package containing a rubbish pair of plain black trainers!
I've contacted the original firm, called the helpline for two days, no answer, emailed the finance people who sent me a receipt....and today I googled the phone number to find it's a scam and I'm a prize mug.

Dozens of similar stories from ordinary folk like me who have been purchasing from the web for years with no problem.

http://www.complaintsboard.com/compl...s-c701056.html

Gutted.

The helpline (not!) is 02036483971
The scam firm is fristpay.com
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2015, 01:03 PM

Re: beware scam from China

Sorry you have been caught out, they often look legitimate which is how they catch us.
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2015, 03:37 PM

You brought some thing on line and received the said items.

Wheres the scam in that?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2015, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->
You brought some thing on line and received the said items.

Wheres the scam in that?
If I'd received the item I ordered all would be well.
But the totally rubbish pair of plain black trainers were certainly not the pretty ones I'd ordered!
And the helpline I called numerous times turns out to be dead.
The firm called fristpay who dealt with the money turns out to be fraudulent.
Try clicking the link I posted to read innumerable similar stories of woe and lost money.
Or google this number like I did, the dynamitedesign helpline...
"where is +86-020-36483971"

Sorry if my post was unclear.

I will only ever use PayPal from now on.
Any firm who doesn't offer the PayPal option is suspect to my mind.
Hard lesson to learn.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2015, 04:39 PM

Very sorry to hear you've been conned and hope you may be able to recover your money.

Not sure what dynamicdesign.co.uk appears to be, but it looks like you may have been sent to a spoof site. It s very easy to get misdirected and/or conned into what appears to be a bargain. I have tried to tell my wife about this type of scam and she has fallen for it at least twice (although it was only for very small amounts)

I would always urge people to use Paypal and if it looks too good to be true or a 'bargain of a lifetime' or unbelievably cheap...then it usually is. Always review the site address with Google before going to it as the chances are you are not the first to be scammed and someone would have complained to it. Stick to trusted known sites such as Amazon and make sure the address you go to is the correct one, never follow an email link as they can be disguised and take you somewhere which looks almost identical.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK

17-04-2015, 04:46 PM

http://www.dynamitedesign.co.uk/
This is the site, I thought it looked OK.

I always use PayPal except this time

Daft moo
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2015, 10:44 AM

Did you use a credit card? I think they will cover the payment and investigate anything they think is fraudulent.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK

19-04-2015, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
Did you use a credit card? I think they will cover the payment and investigate anything they think is fraudulent.
Yes, so I understand... No I don't have a credit card, I used my bank debit card. I always use PayPal but not this time, as not surprisingly that wasn't an option!
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2015, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Yes, so I understand... No I don't have a credit card, I used my bank debit card. I always use PayPal but not this time, as not surprisingly that wasn't an option!
If its a Visa Debit card you are still covered against fraud.

But as you received the goods even if they were rubbish don't think you have a claim.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2015, 03:16 PM

There is no harm in trying. The shoes you ordered were not those sent so it was false representation and false advertising. I used to sell jam on tinternet and its a bit like me advertising Home made jam and sending them a cheap value jar of Tesco jam. Yep the more I think about it the more I think you should have a word with your card provider and also the probably useless people who investigate internet fraud.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top