Join for free
Page 2 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2015, 07:46 PM

Re: forming a closed group for sharing experiences

I am also against having a closed section,I have no objection to having a paranormal section, but it should be open to all members, not just a select few.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2015, 07:49 PM

An interesting subject so why have it in a closed group ! If anyone should attempt ridicule or such, I am sure they can be dealt with on an open Forum in the usual way.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2015, 07:50 PM

I don't like closed groups either, it means potentially dangerous and harmful theories can go unchallenged.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2015, 07:57 PM

If when religion is talked about we have to accept people don't believe why should another belief be allowed a closed section ? We could end up with loads of sections with a few people in each surely if you believe something you can stand up and say so and accept others may not agree ?
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2015, 07:57 PM

Sorry Susan,it's also a no from Me..I like to read all about the experiences of ALL Our Members re' paranormal activity and everything else,but never having had any I wouldn't be able to add to it ...Mind You there is a closed group already for Supporting Members I believe,so maybe there's a way around it?...Good Luck with it any way ;~)
Uff
Scotland
Uff is female  Uff has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2015, 08:13 PM

I don't agree with closed threads either because they have the potential to be divisive creating a forum within a forum. There's a risk that cliques can be formed, again with the potential of causing friction between members.

It would be interesting to know what Azz's view is on this.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2015, 08:31 PM

I dont like closed off little cliques either..

I think members should be able to discuss whatever they like and in the areas of belief, tolerance and respect should be the foremost thought.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2015, 09:05 PM

I think it's an area where people can be ridiculed for their experiences and beliefs so for that reason I agreed with SusanM...
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2015, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
I think it's an area where people can be ridiculed for their experiences and beliefs so for that reason I agreed with SusanM...
Have just read this thread for the first time.
I imagine that ridicule is the main reason it was suggested it might be a closed group?
My opinion for what it's worth is that as it's a sensitive subject which always attracts a level of ridicule it should be open, but carefully monitored so that any deliberate attempts at sabotage and ridicule can be swiftly shown the exit and deleted.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2015, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Definately no, this is an open forum for anyone to join in. Start with one closed subject and then everyone who wishes to have their own will not be refused.

I would go for a photography one, others for cooking,and yet more for walking- cars- holidays, you name it and soon this forum won't be worth coming to.

If you want to bring up a subject then by all means do so on a thread so everyone can have a say

If you are granted it then I will straight away ask for one on photography. That will be the beginning of the end of the heading

OVER 50'S FORUM

iF YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT PARANORMAL THEN JOIN A SITE THAT COVERS IT.

Don't join a forum like this then 3 months later try and change it .If you don't like it then you know what to do
Originally Posted by Aysa ->
I have to say I agree with Realspeed on this im afraid but thats not to say I wouldnt enjoy having conversations on the paranormal or UFOs or Alien life and various other things ...I just think these should be open to everyone
Originally Posted by orangutan ->
I'm another who is reluctant to have closed groups on here. Why the need? There is no reason that people who want to discuss things privately can't do so by PM surely?
Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I also agree with this point of view.
Originally Posted by Eliza ->
Susan why have it closed ..?

Im not for splitting into groups either ,
We have talked about the Paranormal and spirits , and ive joined in with my experiences .I find it interesting ,there is those that Poo Poo it all and try to make us sound wierd..
But seeing is believing .
Originally Posted by Graham ->
I have left other forums because of closed groups and the little cliques they create. Don't let this be another one I have to leave.
I agree with all these posts, should not be cliquey IMO, that is off putting.

Page 2 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top