Join for free
Page 11 of 79 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 > Last »
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2012, 11:45 PM

Re: Merged Facebook threads.

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
I don't like facebook either for many reasons. It seems like some kind of competition to see who can collect the most "friends" but most of the "friends" they don't know. I also think it has lost people friends, people don't want to correspond by email any more, they want everything on facebook, they can't be bothered to send individual mails any more. I have personally lost contact with a few people because of this. I really don't care who is sat in a hottub with champagne, or who ate 3 pieces of cake. I also believe children are supposed to be 13 before they can have an account on facebook, but I know of many much younger, including one 5 year old and her mother has put photos of her dressed like a 20 year old, makeup, pouting, the lot, very dangerous in my opinion.

Not only very dangerous, but very stupid and irresponsible.

I don't know if anybody watched the programme on BBC a week or so ago about Facebook, and the cyber-bullying that goes on, the threats, the horrific posts about people who have recently died and even young people taking their own lives because they'd been made fun of or threatened on there but, although I'd already of these things going on, I was still sickened.

I would never dream of going onto any social networking site becase you DO have to give your real name on there and photograph(?). I'm sure most people are perfectly normal, but it's a haven for paedophiles, cranks, skanks, crazies, cyber-bullies and downright nasty folk.

It's NOT as private as you want it to be because Facebook Admin keeps a log of every single member and their personal details.

I agree with Carmen in that emails are much safer.

There was a story in the newspaper a few years ago about two blokes arguing over a game of football (of all things). The argument got so heated that one said to the other that he'd hunt him down and kill him - and he did!
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2012, 03:21 AM

I would be lost without facebook
thats how i get mostey in touch with my fam in the uk
pm messging and see photos normaly
Iwould not give my pasword to any one I worked for thats crazy
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2012, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by pixie ->
I would be lost without facebook
thats how i get mostey in touch with my fam in the uk
pm messging and see photos normaly
Iwould not give my pasword to any one I worked for thats crazy
You could do all of those things with e mail pixie far more safely than on FB.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2012, 07:22 PM

I'm on F.B.every day but I seldom talk to anyone as I only play Farmville and Fishville. Also I didn't fill in any personal details.......if you don't add it then it can't be used or abused. I've also got everything set to Contacts only, not friends of friends, or open to everyone.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2012, 04:35 PM

I know that people have complained about being approached by people when they have been playing games on FB. Also by saying that only certain people can view your page or whatever it is you are saying you trust FB's security which I don't and never will. For all you know half the world can view it.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2012, 08:30 PM

True But as I said.....If you don't put Personal Information up on your Page then it can't be seen and used. I have no Information on mine except I'm Female and live in Scotland. That's all anyone needs to know about me as a Neighbour in a Game.
madmare
Essex UK
madmare is female  madmare has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2012, 11:16 PM

I go on there to keep in touch with friends and family.
I cannot stand the games though and get fed up of constantly recieving game requests.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2012, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I'm on F.B.every day but I seldom talk to anyone as I only play Farmville and Fishville. Also I didn't fill in any personal details.......if you don't add it then it can't be used or abused. I've also got everything set to Contacts only, not friends of friends, or open to everyone.
Roxy - There are, like so many things in life, pluses and minuses. People with familly spread around the world are one group who may benefit, likewise people who belong to a club, or like yourself just want to play games.

You do not have to provide a photo, nor do you have to fill in details of where you went to school etc., but I just found that it was not at all easy to know if you were talking to one person, a group, or the entire world that bothered me, and when I changed computers I stopped logging in, I can't say I have missed it.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2012, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
you are saying you trust FB's security which I don't and never will. For all you know half the world can view it.
I didn't like the 'It's free and always will be'

There is no such thing as a 'free lunch' and there is no such thing as a 'free social network' if there was Mark Zuckerberg would not be on the verge of pocketing $billions
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2012, 11:26 AM

Personally I think Facebook is fine. Google is far more reprehensible as regards privacy issues in my opinion.

The only common detail I object to sharing is date of birth because one of the first thing utilities/Centrelink etc ask to prove your ID is ask your date of birth so it is something not for social networks.

Page 11 of 79 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top