Join for free
Page 2 of 27 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2016, 12:53 PM

Re: who do you fancy but shouldn't?

Originally Posted by TessA ->
My dentist, he's retired now, tall, slim with glasses, very intelligent and interesting. Not the type of man I'd normally fancy, he was so gentle and caring, that's what I liked most about him and his sense of humour!
Now I've got a young woman who is a sadist!
that's exactly what I am asking TessA, someone you wouldn't normally go for but has just that something that would change your mind.

Have you stopped flossing?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2016, 01:16 PM

Interesting subject LD. It used to happen to me in my younger years LD when I worked in town, after work lots of people would hop into the pub for an hour or so until the traffic eased off a bit. There were several shirt making factories in the area and some of the girls would be there in small groups, naturally us lads would be looking at them, sometimes I would see a girl who was not particularly attractive but had something that made me constantly look at her, I don’t mean she had an extra eye, it could be a facial expression or a body gesture, something that was attractive to me, I can’t really explain it.
I have a theory that this could have something to do with inherited memory from ancestors, maybe my great great grandfather went out with her great great grandmother. Well we inherit other traits so why not memory?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2016, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
that's exactly what I am asking TessA, someone you wouldn't normally go for but has just that something that would change your mind.

Have you stopped flossing?
Well apparently flossing is out, interdental brushes are in!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2016, 03:52 PM

LD, l have racked my brain to think of someone?
When l think back, l never really fancied pop stars like some used to go mad for, like Elvis or Cliff Richards! I quite liked Paul McCartney but wouldn't now!!
I never really fancy good lookers! I prefer manly, action men or powerful men! Someone who would stand up for me and fight to the death for me!! (Deluded or what?!!)
I always loved Sir Robin Day and Sir Ranulph Fiennes! Maybe, l just wanted a title!!
One of my maternity doctors was nice but l always felt embarrassed to be examined by him!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2016, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I have a theory that this could have something to do with inherited memory from ancestors, maybe my great great grandfather went out with her great great grandmother. Well we inherit other traits so why not memory?
That's interesting Jem. I once dated a girl for a while who wasn't my type and not obviously good looking. About 20 years later, I was given an old photograph of my late grandmother when she was a young woman - she looked just like her.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

17-08-2016, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
LD, l have racked my brain to think of someone?
When l think back, l never really fancied pop stars like some used to go mad for, like Elvis or Cliff Richards! I quite liked Paul McCartney but wouldn't now!!
I never really fancy good lookers! I prefer manly, action men or powerful men! Someone who would stand up for me and fight to the death for me!! (Deluded or what?!!)
I always loved Sir Robin Day and Sir Ranulph Fiennes! Maybe, l just wanted a title!!
One of my maternity doctors was nice but l always felt embarrassed to be examined by him!!
I can appreciate someone who is good looking but I agree, it's not the be all and end all and I think sexiness is something to do with body language as Jem says.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2016, 04:20 PM

David Tennant, but he is way too young for me.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	1650  
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2016, 04:21 PM

Even if married, happily or otherwise we are can be attracted to someone else.
Some years ago we knew a Professional married man who we saw about 4 times a year. He was charming Irish man.
On first meeting my heart actually jumped
He was very polite, as was I, But his eyes gave him away as the enlarged considerably.

I was careful not to show my feelings, especially with a jealous natured husband around
And, when I stood next to him heat from his body would enter my body which was unusual
We were very seldom alone together and he never made any advances, except, when shaking hands, when his hand would linger on mine.
I always had a rule from being a teenager , that married men were out of bounds.

He then moved away and we saw less of him
I actually dreamed about him one night too
The one day my husband pointed out a death in the Paper , I was our friend who at 6o years and had always looked healthy and went swimming and to the Gym daily was struck down by Leukaemia.

I tried not to show it, but I was in shock and cried when I was alone.
My husband wondered why I was so quiet.

There was no way I could attend his funeral as it was miles away, and his wife did not know me.

This Thread brought it all back , so I Googled his name, and there was a very nice photo of him, which I have now have downloaded it,. …..No jealous husband around now.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2016, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That's interesting Jem. I once dated a girl for a while who wasn't my type and not obviously good looking. About 20 years later, I was given an old photograph of my late grandmother when she was a young woman - she looked just like her.
I tend to go for men that look like my dad!!
Oooh, l hope that doesn't sound bad or incestuous?!!
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2016, 04:22 PM

I worked for a solicitor back in the 80s who was truly alpha male, 'clean her up and bring her to my tent' kind of guy, gorgeous.

He was wheel chair bound, didn't make any difference i would have been game in a flash.

Even today, the memory of him makes my heart beat a little faster.

Page 2 of 27 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top