Join for free
Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2010, 10:30 AM

The Daily Thread

Good morning everyone!

Today I have taken up Azz's suggestion and started a continuous daily thread, maybe it should be headed the Gossip Column!

Spending a quiet day just pottering around.

Have a lovely day, hope the weather is good where you are...
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2010, 10:55 AM

Re: The Daily Thread

Good morning mags and everyoneof course.

It is a good idea to have just one thread for the 'Good Morning' slot.

I hope that you spend your leisure time relaxing, during the week you can rush around doing things, Sunday is a day of rest.

Please spend a few private moments today with your loved ones, You never know when you wont be able to.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2010, 12:15 PM

Good Morning Mags, AB and Everyone and hope each of you will enjoy your Sunday.

I have been broadbandless since Wednesday! Called BT on Thursday morning and couldn't understand a word that was said to me!! The outcome was that a new home hub would be sent out to me - yet the hub I have is not that old! Grant came up and put on an old one I had but that still didn't work, so I wondered how on earth a new hub would!! I called them back - big mistake - again, couldn't understand a word that was said and was told to wait on the new hub coming!!

I switched on pc this morning and at 11.30 am I noticed a lot of messages on my screen about updates waiting to be downloaded from Microsoft! Looked at the hub and it was up and running again!! It was, as Grant said, a line fault!!
I felt as though my right arm had been cut off without being online!!

Take care.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2010, 01:21 PM

Thought I'd use this photo of my morning tea sitting in front of this fireplace. It was 49 F outside and the warmth of that fire was most welcome. I love the crackling of the wood as it burns. As huge as this fireplace is it's tiny compared to the one on top of Mt Hood at Timberline Lodge. I wasn't willing to drive 150 miles for a shot at that one. Have a great day all!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2010, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Brandykins ->

Good Morning Mags, AB and Everyone and hope each of you will enjoy your Sunday.

I have been broadbandless since Wednesday! Called BT on Thursday morning and couldn't understand a word that was said to me!! The outcome was that a new home hub would be sent out to me - yet the hub I have is not that old! Grant came up and put on an old one I had but that still didn't work, so I wondered how on earth a new hub would!! I called them back - big mistake - again, couldn't understand a word that was said and was told to wait on the new hub coming!!

I switched on pc this morning and at 11.30 am I noticed a lot of messages on my screen about updates waiting to be downloaded from Microsoft! Looked at the hub and it was up and running again!! It was, as Grant said, a line fault!!
I felt as though my right arm had been cut off without being online!!

Take care.
It's good to see you back with us again, Rose.....
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2010, 02:58 PM

Hi All - nice and sunny here today - hope it is with you too!

BK - glad you got your broadband back, we had to send out a search party to find out cos we were worried about ya!
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2010, 03:12 PM

A continuous daily thread seems a better idea than a new one each day.

Our eldest adopted son (37) is with us for the day. He has mild/moderate learning disabilities. We haven't seen him for about 18 months, no particular reason, we talk on the phone from time to time. When he heard that I think the time has come for our younger adopted son (25) who has Down's Syndrome and a more severe learning disability to move into care in the community, he said he would like him to live with him. It might be an idea if carers who can look after him 24/7 can be provided by the social services. Our younger son's social worker is going to meet our elder son on Tuesday week to see what can be worked out, if anything. But as two local authorities are involved it depends if they can get their act together.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2010, 03:24 PM

Welcome back Rosemary, you were missed.
I get the withdrawl symptoms if my broadband goes down, luckily I know one of the BT Openreach engineers who lives close by so I just phone him and ask him to check the line first.

If it happens again just phone BT with a line fault and ask them to check it.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2010, 04:31 PM

Feels like November here! Chilly, wet, gloomy, only 17 C (63 F); got some needed rain (.43" so far) which will help with the drouth, but made for a miserable trip to the market getting on and off the bus with bags and an umbrella trying to stay dry! Inside and warm now and will stay here!

Glads you're back, Rosemary, it's miserable not being able to go on line! Agree a Daily Thread is a better idea, thanks, Mags. How is the back?
Bob, lovely fireplace pic!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2010, 06:39 PM

Good idea a single continuous thread. Sunday winding down now and I have spent the day wondering if my daughter and her two young sons would be turning up or not. There is "trouble at the mill" at the moment with her relationship and on Friday she said she was coming home, but it must have settled a bit now - I don't wan't to ring her because as my husband says "least said soonest mended". I really hope this is true.

Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top