Join for free
Page 3 of 28 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2016, 11:18 PM

Re: If you want to argue ....

Well I guess I asked for that and the direction it came from is not unexpected.

Put it this way .. this concerned member, who knows she is not perfect herself, is getting less concerned.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2016, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
WHY ?

wanna make trubble ?
Now Rachel, perhaps talk of quiet flowing clear waters and the sight of dipping Mayflies would be good for you
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2016, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Well I guess I asked for that and the direction it came from is not unexpected.

Put it this way .. this concerned member, who knows she is not perfect herself, is getting less concerned.
La La La, heard it all before.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2016, 11:28 PM

I can foresee this forum breaking down and finishing if all this bad feeling carries on.
Is that what some people really want?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2016, 11:30 PM

I feel like fighting, cussing and spitting!
I've sharpened me poinker so bring it on!

Oh it's stopped now...
Slopes away disappointed...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2016, 11:32 PM

No one forces anyone to get involved with arguments, the answer is simple give your opinion and leave it at that.
If you don't like someone ignore them and don't respond to their posts at all.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2016, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I feel like fighting, cussing and spitting!
I've sharpened me poinker so bring it on!
Oh it's stopped now...
Slopes away disappointed...
We will round up the chief stirrers and arguers Tessa and put them in thrash can and you can poink the lot of them
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2016, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
We will round up the chief stirrers and arguers Tessa and put them in thrash can and you can poink the lot of them
I am waiting with bated breath, but this will not happen, you don't seem to realise who they are.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2016, 11:43 PM

Hi

I am beginning to wonder if we are all part of some social experiment in self regulation.

Azz offered us a member moderated section, but it has not been a success.

Light touch modding is great, but there has to be some .

Society never has been above to regulate itself, the most aggressive rise to the top, which is never a good idea, anarchy results.

Forums are like a football match, every player knows the rules but a game would soon descend into chaos, which is why a referee is needed.

No referee means it just becomes a free for all and people stop turning up to the game.

That is just a fact of life,
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2016, 11:45 PM

In answer to Meg in her post 26.

Although that is simple and sound advice to 'ignore' normally Meg, unfortunately I think it's got too widespread and prolonged now.
Yes, of course I agree no one is forced to argue, but is very disheartening to have everything you say pulled apart and ridiculed.
There are so many places where the same few are causing rifts and bad feeling. It is not just a passing remark, it drags on and on, getting nastier as it goes. This is what I find so tiresome.
I don't ever remember it being like this when I first joined.

Yes, there have always been small spats, that is inevitable, and most people can handle that easily enough, but this is different, things have changed the last few weeks, and that is my honest opinion.

There are some folks on here I would really miss if I left, but others I'd be well glad to be rid of to be frank.
Sorry Meg, but that's how I feel.

Page 3 of 28 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top