Join for free
Page 24 of 24 « First < 14 22 23 24
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2017, 08:26 PM

Re: I may be feeling grumpy for a while

Terence giving up smoking and failing? Surely not .....

Hey well done Morty! .... I'm impressed lass

I'm undecided what to do. I smoke menthol and they will be banished from the earth apparently by 2020. Maybe I'll be dead by then so it will be all sorted

Apparently they've cigarettes that are both the usual tobacco and a click switch where you can change it to menthol.

I gave up once for 3 mths. Now I'm petrified of trying as I've known 3 people who had no problems with breathing whilst smoking, but on giving up developed COPD and one went on to full blown emphysema.

A long time ago, I discussed it with a nurse running a giving up smoking clinic at one hospital where I worked plus Dr Frost? (can't remember his name) off the TV This Morning programme. He ran a give up smoking group which I went to. Both skirted around it, but didn't deny about the possible breathing probs after giving up.
That was a very long time ago though.

I can honestly say I don't really enjoy them. I smoke about 12, sometimes 8 and sometimes 14 depending on whether I smoke instead of eating.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2017, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
He's a saucebox isn't he Mags.
He certainly is Mups
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2017, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
He's a saucebox isn't he Mags.
Originally Posted by Mags ->
He certainly is Mups
I feel victimised....a totally innocuous statement taken out of context and twisted to meet your smutty minds....you should both be ashamed.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2017, 09:36 PM

Did cold turkey many years ago and it is hard but worth the effort. Took 3 years to get it out of my system
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2017, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I feel victimised....a totally innocuous statement taken out of context and twisted to meet your smutty minds....you should both be ashamed.
Calm down dear, calm down.

The late OH once gave up smoking for 9 years

He was a placid, sensible kind of guy but the early days of his smokinglessness were a little difficult at times.

Nothing major cos he had a brain

At some point he read that book ... Alan Carr's ?

One of the things that spurred him on was the thought of all the fabby new camera stuff he could buy with the money saved from smoking 200 cigars a week
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2017, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
The late OH once gave up smoking for 9 years

At some point he read that book ... Alan Carr's ?
Probably:

IIRC, that was the one that flicked the switch to "OFF" for me .....
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2017, 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Probably:

IIRC, that was the one that flicked the switch to "OFF" for me .....

OH found it useful, but he had already made up his mind to stop.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2017, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->

i failed.....ok.
Not the end of the World, Tpin, you can try again & again if needed.
I lasted 4 weeks & should never have started again many years ago, sadly I had ciggys in the house still.
I have never bothered to quit since, but I do like a ciggy smoke. Have smoked rollies for years now.

Page 24 of 24 « First < 14 22 23 24

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top