Join for free
Page 3 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2017, 06:11 PM

Re: Hospitalised. ....ouch.

Thank you all.

I am now comfortable in my ward......I've had a wander looking for a suitable smoking corner......found one....the car park

There are a few nurses that resemble Hattie(matron)off the Carry On films and one very feminine guy who reminds me of Gupta on Only When I Laugh....looks like I'm in for a laugh.....not.

oh well......a week of this will drag......I might form an escape party.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2017, 06:37 PM

We will all be thinking of you Terry.

If they keep you in for a week I doubt you will be able to go to the car park for a smoke, in the first few days, so this is your big chance to stop.

Do as you are told ( that will be a nice change for you ) and I expect that you will have to do some physio therapy, when you are able, so I will phone and check that you are.

Just think folks, after his recovery, he may be back to the fit healthy guy that joined us last year.
Get well soon!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2017, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
We will all be thinking of you Terry.

If they keep you in for a week I doubt you will be able to go to the car park for a smoke, in the first few days, so this is your big chance to stop.

Do as you are told ( that will be a nice change for you ) and I expect that you will have to do some physio therapy, when you are able, so I will phone and check that you are.

Just think folks, after his recovery, he may be back to the fit healthy guy that joined us last year.
Get well soon!
I'm not in the psychiatric ward.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2017, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I'm not in the psychiatric ward.
Ooops sorry... that is where I would probably have put you !
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2017, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Ooops sorry... that is where I would probably have put you !
Or the geriatric ward if that one's full.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

06-03-2017, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Or the geriatric ward if that one's full.
I think I'm there already.......the morgue is probably livelier
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2017, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I think I'm there already.......the morgue is probably livelier

You wait till the physio-terrorists get hold of you, the Spanish inquisition were amateurs in comparison!!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2017, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
You wait till the physio-terrorists get hold of you, the Spanish inquisition were amateurs in comparison!!!
I think l would be more concerned about when the loud snoring starts! You always seem to get extra loud snorers with added rattle/whistle in hospitals!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2017, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I think l would be more concerned about when the loud snoring starts! You always seem to get extra loud snorers with added rattle/whistle in hospitals!

A problem easily resolved with an appropriate dose of analgesics and/or Oromorph.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2017, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
A problem easily resolved with an appropriate dose of analgesics and/or Oromorph.
UncleJ, l hadn't heard of Oromorph before, so l googled it......you want to see the possible side-effects!! Eeeek!

Page 3 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top