Join for free
Page 39 of 40 « First < 29 37 38 39 40 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2017, 01:43 PM

Re: Fire engulfs Grenfell tower block in west London

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
That is disturbing Muddy. He did bang on the doors of immediate neighbours and they escaped, but he didn't wait till they opened their doors... one of them said that to a reporter.
I have been thinking of how infrequently a fridge blowing up can happen? I would not be surprised if the experts discovered that it wasn't the fridge that exploded... maybe something left inside the fridge?
Since this fire started I have had a little niggling doubt that it may not have been accidental. I hope I am wrong!
Hi

Fridges and fridge freezers catch fire with alarming regularity.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...iance-all.html

They can explode as well, the heat generated affects the compressed gas which the fridge uses to work.

I can understand peoples concerns, however even in a fire of this intensity it is possible to determine if any explosives where involved.

Irrespective of the cause, the whole design of these buildings is focussed around containing the fire within the flat itself long enough for the Fire Brigade to arrive, deal with the fire and safely evacuate residents.

In any event, even if the fire blew out the windows and set the cladding alight there should have been no smoke within the protected stairwell.

The Fire Brigade and residents have both said the stair well was full of smoke.

The refurbish contract included a smoke extraction system.

This needs to be investigated as well.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2017, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Yes Tpin thats what i meant when i said slides .
Some places such as the Amazon office and Volkswagon have tried these out.
Converting prisons is a good idea as lone as they are in the right area I doubt there are many handy in Kensington where the community demands to be rehoused asap.

There's an escape system for most applications....though costly it'd be insignificant if it saved some lives.

Your ideas on escape are valid ones even if purwell disagrees
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2017, 10:57 PM

For anyone who donated towards the Evening Standard appeal and other appeals its now standing at 2.2million -this is where the money has gone /is going.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...-a3566571.html

The government has made 5 million pounds available which is now being distributed from the Westway Sports centre by people from the DWP - At least this is what Phillip Hammond has said today.
Victims are being given £500 each and another £5000 to be accessible by bank draft tomorrow.(Monday)

http://www.scotsman.com/news/grenfel...each-1-4479289
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2017, 09:29 PM

Hi

The MPs in the frame.

Three Tory, one Lib Dem.

The Lib Dem is no longer an MP, he lost his seat.

He was although an Ex Minister like the other three.

There has been so much buck passing by Politicians that emails are now being leaked by people who would never have done so before.

Perhaps we are at the start of a great change in the way this Country operates.

I most sincerely hope so.

We have had the referendum, the Establishment lost.

We had the Election, the Establishment lost.

Now the Establishment have not only lost the voters, they have lost their senior Civil Servants.

We may well get to the bottom of this.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2017, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Fridges and fridge freezers catch fire with alarming regularity.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...iance-all.html

They can explode as well, the heat generated affects the compressed gas which the fridge uses to work.

I can understand peoples concerns, however even in a fire of this intensity it is possible to determine if any explosives where involved.

Irrespective of the cause, the whole design of these buildings is focussed around containing the fire within the flat itself long enough for the Fire Brigade to arrive, deal with the fire and safely evacuate residents.

In any event, even if the fire blew out the windows and set the cladding alight there should have been no smoke within the protected stairwell.

The Fire Brigade and residents have both said the stair well was full of smoke.

The refurbish contract included a smoke extraction system.

This needs to be investigated as well.
Well it now seems that wasn't the cause of all the deaths because the flat where it happened was brought under control by the first Firefighters team that arrived. They believe it was the cladding that caused all the deaths, because just after the firemen had finished the job, it was noticed that flames were then starting to travel up the side of the building.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2017, 06:54 AM

Good for Andy Murray

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/t...=facebook-post
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2017, 11:15 AM

I check this news every day and apart from the odd statement in general terms, I have yet to see an article where tenants of the other tower blocks have made comments.
Have they noticed more activity from the fire brigade or council checking their fire doors, hose connectors etc? Have they received advice through their letterbox. What's actually happening out there?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2017, 03:14 PM

On our Westcountry news it said the firebrigade are checking towerblocks in this area, that's about all I've heard.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

20-06-2017, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by poohdog ->
I check this news every day and apart from the odd statement in general terms, I have yet to see an article where tenants of the other tower blocks have made comments.
Have they noticed more activity from the fire brigade or council checking their fire doors, hose connectors etc? Have they received advice through their letterbox. What's actually happening out there?
Hi

This some of what has been going on since the fire.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...-a3569101.html

The issue is this, these statements have been made by PR Officers, they have a certain way with words.

Not the same as , compliant with, different materials etc etc mean absolutely nothing.

Richmond has stated that it's panels are rockwool.

That is a straight statement of fact, rockwool poses no risk.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2017, 06:45 PM

Rockwool will burn if it is not installed tight enough.

Page 39 of 40 « First < 29 37 38 39 40 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top