Join for free
Page 12 of 65 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 01:49 PM

Re: I am all worn out

The bloke is coming in 10 mins, so I shall have sort all this out once and for all with him while I've got him here.

I have also got my policy to hand, which tells me what he is supposed to allow me for, so he can't fib!

(Hope you got on OK today Julie).
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 01:51 PM

Don't worry about me concentrate on your chap that's more important at this moment in time. Five dogs depending on you!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 02:18 PM

I'm guessing he is late Mups.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I'm guessing he is late Mups.

Yep. Not turned up yet, no phone call - nothing.

(Think I will change that fondue fork to a garden fork now, Mort.)
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 05:37 PM

Mups you told us this man is important.

You should remind him of that, and tell him that important people don't fail to turn up!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

29-07-2017, 12:28 AM

This chap finally turned up about 2.45. I managed to imprison him for about an hour and that gave me plenty of time to go through all my fears.

I told him he must have had a memory lapse between leaving my house and getting to his office last time, as his written report what not what we had talked about and I had agreed to at all!

I had taken the time to write all my queries down before he came, that way I wouldn't forget anything or get sidetracked.

I told him I had checked my policy carefully, and I was indeed covered for him paying for accommodation for me AND my animals. He agreed (but he had never really explained that before I mentioned about my policy)!

I said I had already explored temporary council housing, short term rent of a caravan, staying with my son, staying at a hotel, staying with friends, and had thought about a holiday cottage somewhere, but there were snags with all of these. The caravan would have been £2,260 for 4 weeks, but they would only let me take 3 dogs out of the 5.

So I said if he was prepared to pay for me and my animals, how about using the money instead to rent me a lockable storage unit to be delivered to my property and then the builders could put all my units and 'white goods' and other stuff, in there instead of dumping it in rooms indoors, thereby freeing up valuable space inside. If I have my rooms back again - except the kitchen - I reckon I can stay put, I'd not have to go anywhere, and I will manage living in the front part of the bungalow only, for a while.

It means I will have no sink, only have the small washbasin in the bathroom to wash up in and I can boil the kettle anywhere there is a power point.
I won't be able to cook, or do any laundry, but I can still use my shower to keep clean. I am hoping to be able to use the microwave somewhere too.

I said I hope his men aren't the sort that come for a couple of days then disappear off on another job for a week, because I won't stand for that.

We finally agreed on work to be done and he wrote it all down. He also upped my daily "Inconvenience Allowance."

It is not going to be easy, and I must accept some temporary disruption I know, but I hope it is worth it to be able to sleep in my own bed at night and not have to go away.
I would have loved the seaside I must admit, but I think I'd have been a bit nervous at night in a cottage somewhere on my own, let alone finding my way there in the first place!
Time I navigated anywhere, it would have been time to come back home again.

I hope I've done the right thing, time will tell, but I feel happier and more optimistic now.

Thank you so much for all your support, advice, and ideas, especially to Art for her offer of accommodation.
You have all been brilliant. x x
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2017, 06:20 AM

Mups you are sounding very organised and much more in control, so well done.

Washing up in the bathroom basin won't be easy, but there will only be plates , cutlery and cups... no pans as you won't be cooking! get some disposable picnic plates too , for sandwiches, cakes and other less messy food. Even tell your neighbours what is happening , as they may offer the use of their kitchen sink

Three weeks will go faster than you think, and look on the bright side, you won't have to lose contact with us .... hey, the Pizza delivery man may turn out to be a handsome hunk too!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2017, 08:07 AM

If you still have a shower, chuck clothing in with you and agitate with your feet. I do that when away on holiday. Rinse, wring, hang up. Laundry sorted!

But glad you have things going your way at last. Good for you gel!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2017, 08:48 AM

Mups. I am pleased that you have now decided what you want to do. You will probably hate having a cuckoo in the nest but as Twink says, time flies and before you know it, you'll be back to normal!
I just wondered, are you going to have new kitchen units too?
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2017, 08:58 AM

Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful......You'll get there Kiddo

Page 12 of 65 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top