Join for free
Page 3 of 65 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 01:30 PM

Re: I am all worn out

Originally Posted by May ->
Oh Mups I'm so sorry to hear of Your distress (((((((((hugs))))))))))...Maybe it's time to contact the Ombudsman if You haven't already done so? xx

May, the Ombudsman did help me about 18 months ago and said I had been unfairly treated and asked them to pay me £500 compensation.

The insurers then started arguing about his ruling, but he stuck with it and they eventually coughed up.

I am not ungrateful, and he was a very nice man, but it didn't hurry up the repairs, nor help me fight the next round.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Twink, I have told them before about bodging things.
They originally said it was the main sewer pipe leaking and came and put a liner in the pipe. I have since found out it was the wrong size liner!
They also sent me a report of the drain along with a photo and the photo wasn't even my drain! I could tell because in the picture, it had gravel all round it but mine has concrete.

They told me there were no tree roots in another report, then I found out later there were Cypress, Walnut and Willow all under my kitchen. I haven't even got any trees, they were all neighbours trees.

When the cracks started again, once more they said it was the drains and I said then "you mean the drains you were sup[posed to have mended first time!"

You say about changing insurance companies - believe me I have desperately wanted to, but no one will touch me with subsidence. I'm stuffed.
You need to establish that it was subsidence though, since it has now been blamed on the tree roots, that have been removed,
Ask for written details of all their reports since the 2010 incident. When I had my flood I challenged my insurance on the amount they offered and ended up getting 3 times the amount.If I can be of any help to you give me a call. I am a bit of an expert at dealing with insurance companies!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Aw Mups check the print on your insurance very carefully, it should cover you for a temporary move .

When my son was moving house he hired a unit locally and stored stuff there that wasn't going to be used until after the move. It cost him £80 a month including insurance.
If you look on the internet you may find some storage units locally.
If you could move some stuff out perhaps you could stay in the bungalow.

If they aren't starting the work yet there will be lots of empty holiday cottages and caravans around in September.
Some may not like so many dogs though.
Another option is to hire a tent if you have room in the garden and store stuff in that

Meg, I do like dongles idea of a storage place, because if I didn't have the rooms filled with appliances maybe I could stay here.
I bet the insurers wouldn't pay for a container, as they would prefer to load up my other rooms for free!

I would also dearly love to spend some time at the seaside somewhere, but I am a long way inland here, and I'm so bad at finding my way anywhere, it would be time to come back before I got there!

I am worried about my dogs, and daft as it seems to others perhaps but I have so many plants, both indoors and outside, it would really upset me if I went away and found them all dead when I came back, so if I could be nearby and pop backwards and forwards to look after them I would feel better I think.

I have just spoken to the building inspector at our local council, he looks so ferocious but is a dear really, and he is coming to see me tomorrow to read these two reports they've sent me, and advise if he can. I am very grateful to him.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

26-07-2017, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Mups, l am really sorry about what you are going through.

You are welcome to come and stay at my house whilst the work is being done.

Art, that is exceptionally kind of you and thank you very much. I don't know what I'm doing yet, if I can stay at my son's it will be easier in a way, because then I could pop backwards and forwards checking on things at home. I'd like to check phone messages, water loads of plants, pick up mail and so on - plus keep an eye on what these workmen are doing.
Bless you for offering though. x x x
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 01:47 PM

Meg, I do like dongles idea of a storage place, because if I didn't have the rooms filled with appliances maybe I could stay here.
I bet the insurers wouldn't pay for a container, as they would prefer to load up my other rooms for free!

I would also dearly love to spend some time at the seaside somewhere, but I am a long way inland here, and I'm so bad at finding my way anywhere, it would be time to come back before I got there!

I am worried about my dogs, and daft as it seems to others perhaps but I have so many plants, both indoors and outside, it would really upset me if I went away and found them all dead when I came back, so if I could be nearby and pop backwards and forwards to look after them I would feel better I think.

I have just spoken to the building inspector at our local council, he looks so ferocious but is a dear really, and he is coming to see me tomorrow to read these two reports they've sent me, and advise if he can. I am very grateful to him.
That sounds promising Mups...You do need practical/physical/emotional help too, so tell Everyone You know about the situation,Family,Friends,Neighbours,so You don't feel so alone with this problem.x
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 01:53 PM

Mups I wasn't thinking of the seaside more a local holiday caravan .

I have stayed in holiday cottages and a caravan when I suddenly found myself homeless.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 02:07 PM

Art, that is exceptionally kind of you and thank you very much. I don't know what I'm doing yet, if I can stay at my son's it will be easier in a way, because then I could pop backwards and forwards checking on things at home. I'd like to check phone messages, water loads of plants, pick up mail and so on - plus keep an eye on what these workmen are doing.
Bless you for offering though. x x x
Mups, l really meant what l said. The offer for you and the dogs to stay here, is still open.
I know what it's like when everything is on your shoulders and you have to sort it all out on your own! You feel so desolate and lost.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 03:16 PM

What lovely offers of help on here for you! I sincerely hope it all gets sorted out for you, one way or another.

Sending hugs, just cos you need em!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 04:29 PM

Mups

I just picked a container company at random but this one quotes £12 per week for a minimum of 4 weeks. I'm not sure if here are any hidden extras because really, you would have to give them your details but it might be worth a look.

http://www.portablespace.co.uk/produ...container-hire

What worries me though if you stay put, is that you will have no cooking facilities.

X LD
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 04:31 PM

Hello Mups,
I am sorry you are having to go through this but also disgusted about the way you are being treated by the insurance company.
They are happy enough to take money off people who want to insure against the possibility of things going wrong but do anything they can not to pay out if things do. I despair.

Page 3 of 65 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top