Join for free
Page 2 of 29 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
SamTheMan
Merseyside
SamTheMan is male  SamTheMan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 11:43 AM

Re: Snow

Bright sunshine here, but when i took the bin out earlier, we had just a light sprinkle. They've forecast it for Wed / Thurs. I don't think i'll have to go out though.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 11:56 AM

Our snow has laid here in Essex Julie, but I've been out this morning and the sun is shining, so it is melting.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 12:03 PM

The Beast from the East is upon us...we have filled the bath with coal, got some candles in, topped up the spam supply...according to the BBC weather experts by Wednesday we will look similar to the ice moon Enceladus.
I am expecting reports of incompetence and mismanagement, Trains cancelled due to " Snow on the line" hiring replacement busses, with predictable results, airports will be fighting a losing battle, with cancelled flights, and some numpty of a TV reporter, up to his waist in a blizzard driven snowstorm, somewhere up north, will be telling the incredulous population of marooned families" Do not drive unless your journey is necessary" Aerial shots of lorries and cars marooned on snow packed motorways, and fire service film of rescues of twonks who thought they could walk on 1 inch of ice over their local duck pond

We are doomed I tell you!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
The Beast from the East is upon us...we have filled the bath with coal, got some candles in, topped up the spam supply...according to the BBC weather experts by Wednesday we will look similar to the ice moon Enceladus.
I am expecting reports of incompetence and mismanagement, Trains cancelled due to " Snow on the line" hiring replacement busses, with predictable results, airports will be fighting a losing battle, with cancelled flights, and some numpty of a TV reporter, up to his waist in a blizzard driven snowstorm, somewhere up north, will be telling the incredulous population of marooned families" Do not drive unless your journey is necessary" Aerial shots of lorries and cars marooned on snow packed motorways, and fire service film of rescues of twonks who thought they could walk on 1 inch of ice over their local duck pond

We are doomed I tell you!

Yes Rehab, and those 'twonks' will be the ones who threw a stick across the ice for their dog to retrieve.

And don't forget thousands will be sitting on floors in hospitals because there are no trolleys to put them on when they've all slipped on the ice.
We will all need to buy spam by the barrow load.

The news'll be full of it by tomorrow. We'll be snowed in for a month.
You stay safe now.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes Rehab, and those 'twonks' will be the ones who threw a stick across the ice for their dog to retrieve.

And don't forget thousands will be sitting on floors in hospitals because there are no trolleys to put them on when they've all slipped on the ice.
We will all need to buy spam by the barrow load.

The news'll be full of it by tomorrow. We'll be snowed in for a month.
You stay safe now.
And you Mups gets some coal in love, extra blankets, heaters, and man just coming to the boil...it could last for 4 whole days!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
And you Mups gets some coal in love, extra blankets, heaters, and man just coming to the boil...it could last for 4 whole days!

I will dear, thank you for your concern.
I am sending you an extra hot water bottle. x
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

26-02-2018, 12:25 PM

You are a life saver, if push comes to shove I can get some spam airlifted into you.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 02:43 PM

Snow is just starting here, bad timing as ive 5 hospital appointments this week dont want to miss them as ive been waiting for months for some of them.

Did some stocking up of groceries just in case i end up housebound.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Snow is just starting here, bad timing as ive 5 hospital appointments this week dont want to miss them as ive been waiting for months for some of them.

Did some stocking up of groceries just in case i end up housebound.
Good thinking Nom! I have also got stocked up with things like bread,milk, butter and if it is ok tomorrow I will buy a few more things for the freezer.....if not I may have to survive on tea and toast!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
It's really cold here I've put the heating on first time in weeks.
Julie you must have a warm house , I've been running my heating for months just turning it really low about 9 pm . It is because you don't like to be too warm . I'm a chilly mortal I hate being cold

Page 2 of 29 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top