Join for free
Page 2 of 25 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
daisy
New Member!
west sussex.uk
daisy is female 

08-05-2011, 09:05 PM

Re: What makes you grumpy?

I like the sound of you, I dont have a car, I enjoy reading,andlooking after my grandchildren
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

09-05-2011, 03:07 PM

All games cheats really but especially those who even have to take an internet connected mobile phone to a charity quiz night, just to win something.
GOG
Northumberland UK
GOG is male  GOG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2011, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
People who think old people are invisible... bad mannered people...People on mobile phones... ok people period. Annie.
Annie, I would like to add young shop assistants/checkout girls who although polite can be very patronising to us old people. I experienced one such in a garden centre recently who said as though I was deaf "That will be £12.35 altogether."
Putting the correct money down as she said it, I said "Yes I know, I had it worked out before the till told you what it was!"

I dislike being so smarta***e but her attitude really got to me.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2011, 06:37 PM

There are not many shops now with out the staff glaring at you and thinking sod off.They think if you are old they can be as rude as they like as you are old and are frightened of them... dont hold your breath sweetie. Annie33.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2011, 07:04 PM

When people tell you to cheer up, as though you have to walk around with a stupid b****y grin continually..
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

09-05-2011, 08:41 PM

When people including some consultants see that you have a mobility problem and need the use of a stick, naturally assume that you have lost the ability to function in any capacity.

The 'does he take sugar' syndrome has to be one of the most grumpy making situations I know of.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2011, 12:33 PM

Unfortunately low blood sugar makes me grumpy. As a diabetic it's one of the symptoms I live with when my blood sugar drops too low. First the vision goes sour then I notice I get irritable for no reason. I'm just no fun to be around at that point. I've caught myself ranting and flaming at folks online and must do a lot of apologizing afterward.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2011, 02:01 PM

And if somethings costs, say, £2.10p and you give them a fiver with the odd 10p they just cannot for the life of them work out why you've done that and look at you as if you're crazy. The idiots tap in the whole £5.10 before the till informs them that they need to give me £3 back.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2011, 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by SuzyQ ->
Princess 20ish girls in the grocery store who think they own the aisles when I have to use my grouchy 'excuse me' voice because they are in the middle of the aisle and I'm in a hurry all the frikkin time! Princess 20ish girls who block the entire sidewalk with their stupid gossipy giggly stupidity instead of being considerate enough to let other people get past.

Jerkish 20ish boys who block the sidewalk with their cars when I'm trying to get home with a big heavy cart full of groceries. Can you tell I live in a university city?
SuzyQ - I read this and thought "yeah, me too!" then realized we live in the same city! It's not just the university kids though - a lot of high school students here are just as inconsiderate and rude.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2011, 09:30 AM

Sitting in traffic winds me up and when the person behind you goes onto the other side of the road to get past you, what do they think I am doing
also people who work their way into your lives, tell you they are your friend and then stab you in the back and not expect a response from you

Page 2 of 25 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top