Join for free
Page 4 of 79 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 > Last »
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2009, 09:59 PM

Re: What do you remember???

Originally Posted by madmare ->
Oooh yes they tasted so much nicer then.
Do you remeber Bobby socks
and doing PE in your Navy Knickers
I can remember the navy knickers and the tiny little hockey skirts!!and white socks that constantly fell down to your ankles, had to wear elastic round the tops of them to keep them up.....and I remember my very first pair of tights!
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2009, 11:07 PM

What about those huge petticoats in the 50's? I was a small child at the time, but I remember having a blue dress with huge net petticoats to go to an uncle's wedding. The blue dress had litte white felt bows on it! I've got a B&W photo somewhere .......
Calismum
Scotland
Calismum is female  Calismum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2009, 11:27 PM

Yes, all of these plus
5 Boys Chocolate
stergene
lux flakes
brownie cameras
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2009, 12:06 PM

I still have a bottle of Stergene and still use it for handwashing. Is it not made any longer?
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2009, 12:09 PM

5 Boys chocolate always comes up in reminiscences! I remember it well too; I think it was a very special treat as it was (probably) a sixpenny bar.
Do you remember Cadbury's little bars? 1d, in foil, 2d, larger but still just silver and purple foil and then, luxury, the 3d bar, with purple foil and a purple paper wrapper.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2009, 03:59 PM

Oh yes, Lux flakes and brownie cameras !
angieh
Hampshire, UK

09-08-2009, 08:15 PM

Lino around the outside of rooms and a non-fitted carpet over the rest of the floor????? Rows of evenly spaced plants in dead straight borders - plants like salvia, lobelia, alyssum? The soil a powdery dust because the "ordinary" bloke had never heard about the need to compost or enrich the soil .........

A wooden horse for drying and airing clothes in front of the electric fire (we were SO lucky not to have a fire)! Paraffin stoves "Blue, blue, blue, blue, blue Esso blue ......"
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2009, 09:43 PM

Not double glazing or central heating, coke boiler in the kichen, and open fire in the livingroom....and metal framed windows!Kids of today would never cope!!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2009, 10:19 PM

My grandma in Pennsylvania didn't have central heating; just a stove in the living room that vented heat upstairs, and it got VERY cold up there! The windows were covered inside with frost flowers in the morning. And a big old coal burning stove in the kitchen was the only other heat source.
Moli
Aberdeenshire

09-08-2009, 10:35 PM

I can remember frost on the inside of the windows too...

Page 4 of 79 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top