Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 03:13 PM

Dreaded New Year.

Some people already have their plans for Christmas.
I'm lucky and been invited for lunch with Number 1 ex wife and daughter and then we all go to my sons on boxing day.

I absolutely hate New Years Eve though. As part of my new way of thinking I had wondered about going down to Glastonbury and greeting the New Year on Glastonbury Tor. By doing this it crosses off one of the places I have never been, up the Tor, but always wanted to go plus I would be doing something totally different for me rather than going to bed and sleeping through it.

What are you planning for New Years Eve and are there any other places you can recommend I could go to make a good start of the year if I cannot get to Glastonbury.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 03:25 PM

Re: Dreaded New Year.

If you don't live far from the Tor & are fit, go for it. I couldn't face the climb when I went.
It will rather depend on what the weather is like on the day though.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
Some people already have their plans for Christmas.
I'm lucky and been invited for lunch with Number 1 ex wife and daughter and then we all go to my sons on boxing day.

I absolutely hate New Years Eve though. As part of my new way of thinking I had wondered about going down to Glastonbury and greeting the New Year on Glastonbury Tor. By doing this it crosses off one of the places I have never been, up the Tor, but always wanted to go plus I would be doing something totally different for me rather than going to bed and sleeping through it.

What are you planning for New Years Eve and are there any other places you can recommend I could go to make a good start of the year if I cannot get to Glastonbury.
I think that sounds like a brilliant idea MC. I'm not sure if you mean during the day or at night but the night one sounds good. You would probably see a few fireworks from up there too.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 03:55 PM

Sounds a good idea , MC,another one off your list . Wrap up warm though .
Not planned anything as yet for New year for myself ,but who knows im still looking .
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 04:44 PM

Yep, Glasto, best place to be!
I usually try to get to sleep before the fuss starts.
New Years Eve reminds me of a very sad time in my life and I don't want to celebrate.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 05:08 PM

Oh God, shall we get Christmas out of the way first please?

But since you ask, New Year's Eve this year will be participating in a fancy dress night out with some friends at their house. The theme is Masquerade and I've got my mask already. I have no idea about the rest of the 'costume', so I'll probably just wear a black suit.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 05:11 PM

Floydy - with your figure you would make a splendid Harlequin!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Floydy - with your figure you would make a splendid Harlequin!
Harlequins are skinny aren't they, tabby?! I'm built like Bronzed God
Are harlequins part of the masquerade scene, I dunno?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Yep, Glasto, best place to be!
I usually try to get to sleep before the fuss starts.
New Years Eve reminds me of a very sad time in my life and I don't want to celebrate.
Aww that's sad Tess.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 05:59 PM

Hate New Year .
Just want it over and done with .

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top