Join for free
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2011, 11:45 PM

What a day - what a day

Another day gone and there was no rest for the wicked . . . I built another PC system from the spare Phenom x4 and motherboard I have . . . . the new tower cases don't come with PSU's anymore you have to buy them separately . . . the new case I got has plastic twist clips inside to secure the disc drives rather than screwing them into the chassis.

I forgot to mention yesterday that part of the garage roof collapsed in February this year . . . it was covered with corrougated sheeting which had totally desintegrated after only 12 years.
I complained to the company that supplied the garage and they refused to replace the roof sheets free of charge because the guarantee only lasts 10 years.

I asked why only a 10 year guarantee and thet said it's because they don't expect the roof to last longer than that

Considering I paid £9,000 for the garage that's a disgrace . . they asked for £1,400 to replace the sheets whereupon I pointed out that the remaing sheets could fall in and possibly kill me.
There was silence on the phone for a moment, then they said they'd ring me back.

They did . . . and the price of new sheets came tumbling down to £500 . . . . it seems the original sheets were made in Czech land and were substandard . . . the new ones they sent are made in the UK.

Oh yeh . . . my daddy was a pistol . . . I'm a son-of-a-gun.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top