Join for free
Page 2 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 06:44 PM

Re: Why do some members only post in one area?

[QUOTE=Floydy;1669944]For instance, there are a lot of people who have only ever been seen on the political threads. They don't have any input on the various general and friendlier threads at all.

Likewise, there may be a daily 'Good morning' from a couple of people then they are gone for the day.

And the bloke who only pops in to talk about his unicycle

I don't post in all the forums as gardening and cats don't interest me but I think I post in a few different areas and enjoy a conversation with many people.

Why are some members so rigidly militant in their postings?[/QUOTE

I too am never rigid when it comes to posting on the different forums. That is the fun of OFF. I flit in and out of several forums and if any of the topics on there are interesting enough to post, I do!
At least I will never get arthritis in my hands with the all the daily exercise my fingers get, using the keyboard.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Oh, I say, I guess that is what those, whoever they are, want.
I am all over the place.
Like a mad fool on speed.

i never had the pleasure
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 07:10 PM

Many people don't have the time to read all the threads, owing to having a life outside the forum. I used to post a lot on here, but now tend to post only on things that have a lot of interest to me, often political threads!

New members tend to bring a different style of posting, which is their right, but that often means that long term members don't enjoy it so much so post less.

I am sure we would all like things to stay the same as they were, but as in life, somebody will always come up with new ideas and those who don't like them will find other things to do. After all there is no point in posting unless you have an interest in the topic of the thread.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Where's Art when you need her? This is normally her sort of question.
Floydy, I am here now!
This is a good question as it makes you think and maybe question the way you post?
I am a happy go lucky type of person and tend to stick to the General Section.
I will only post in the serious threads, if l know what l am talking about and have my facts right. Otherwise, you can end up dead meat with your views ripped apart. It is a risk but fine if you can take it.
Sometimes, l don’t post in threads that l just don’t know what to say. That doesn’t mean l am not interested but l don’t want to post a load of rubbish just for the sake of it!

I find some of the other threads marvellous if you want advice.

So, l suppose l come under the heading of...Very Predictable Poster’!
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 07:22 PM

I tend to post on things that interest me, or if I can help anyone in any way, such as the diy or car forums, I even posted in the gardening section once, although I asked mrs p the question, she’s the gardener in our family, being at work I tend not to post so much in the good morning threads, maybe sometimes at the weekend, you lot are such early birds, and by the time I’m saying good morning, it’s nearly lunchtime, I’ve found that a question can be asked about something, but by the time I’ve got home from work, it’s long been answered by someone.. I keep away from the political threads, it can get very nasty on there sometimes..
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 08:40 PM

I don't know what areas I post on.... I look at latest posts and just post on ones that interest me... I dont seek out particular areas..... also I sometimes look at the subscribed threads just to see if anyone has responded to posts I have made.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
We seem to be divided: half friendly banter, half right wing aggression, shows we have different views on the meaning and purpose of this website.
I see it as social exchanges and friendly banter. Leave aggression outside the door.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 09:45 PM

Likewise, there may be a daily 'Good morning' from a couple of people then they are gone for the day.

I would hope posters who are fit and well have gone to get on with life for the day rather than sitting on their backsides staring at a screen!

My main reasons for being online is to chill.

Being an 'irregular regular', when I do log in it's usually only for a couple of hours(ish) in the evenings (although that's not set in stone). Depends when I start to get botty rot.

I admit wandering the heavy areas now and again and enjoying reading others' opinions - perhaps even being given another way of looking at things, but I don't post or only on very rare occasions.
Like I say I want to chill, so I keep to the light stuff.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 10:37 PM

Oh for God's sake! Why do some people take things so personally? I was generalising when I said that some members tend to visit just one area on the forum and half of you lot jump down my throat because you've taken it the wrong way. Chill folks it's not real life, I don't give a flying **** wherever you post, it was just an observation. Nothing to get excited about.

And no, I do not spend all of my time on here - that wasn't the question was it? I was merely wondering why some people do not venture out of certain areas and that was that. No argument necessary. Some people do post everywhere but that's up to them, all the more for having a conversation...but this isn't Fakebook is it?

But there is one thing I have noticed as a result of my initial question - Most of those who are annoyed are those who are set in their ways in the political threads. Debating in a forceful manner is commonplace and natural to them.

As you were. Enjoy your evenings.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 10:41 PM

Why are some members so rigidly militant in their postings?
Interesting topic Floydy. I have two, maybe three forums on here that interest me and the rest don't interest me in the slightest. Even in the ones that hold a bit of interest I don't generally post much - I just skim the topics and leave if nothing piques my curiosity.

I'm the same on a couple of other website chat forums, so it's not just this website.

Page 2 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top