Join for free
Page 3 of 29 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2019, 02:58 PM

Re: Boy, 6, 'thrown from 10th floor' of Tate Modern

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Don't be ridiculous Realist!

This has nothing to do with tedious religious debates whatsoever.
That is just stirring.
I agree, more to do with a lunatic 17 year old who apparently snatched the six year old out of the mother's arms (again, I can't comment on that)

Anyway, the boy is in a stable condition and it's no longer life threatening which is good news. Let's hope he doesn't have brain damage although I'm certain if he recovers he will need counselling.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2019, 03:27 PM

“ he fell about 100ft and landed on a fifth floor roof”
How can you fall 100 feet and not have serious physical injuries ?
The offender when asked why he’d done it said to blame Social Services .
So has he done this atrocious thing in order to get attention to his case?
Susan68
Up North, UK
Susan68 is female  Susan68 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2019, 08:54 PM

that's awful

Does anyone else think there's alot more violence about? ..particuarly random violence where the attacker doesn't even know their victim?

Back when I was growing up someone like a serial killer was 'rare' maybe it was just because I lived in a quiet village and we didn't even have a black and white TV until quite late on, but I'm sure there weren't so (murderers/violent random attacks) many back in the 70's/80's!!

There seems to be so many random knife attacks these days and terrorists attacks where they just want to kill as many people as possible in one go? (thinking london bridge. manchester arena etc).

Have to wonder if social media has anything to do with it as the increase seems to be since things like FB existed and those stupid 'dares' and things that go round the world.

I just can't imagine what on earth would posses a teenager to walk into an art gallery and throw a random child that he didn't know or had never met, off a balcony????
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2019, 09:20 PM

The bairn is reported to be a French national - he and his family were visiting London.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-49232807
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2019, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Susan68 ->
that's awful

Does anyone else think there's alot more violence about? ..particuarly random violence where the attacker doesn't even know their victim?

Back when I was growing up someone like a serial killer was 'rare' maybe it was just because I lived in a quiet village and we didn't even have a black and white TV until quite late on, but I'm sure there weren't so (murderers/violent random attacks) many back in the 70's/80's!!

There seems to be so many random knife attacks these days and terrorists attacks where they just want to kill as many people as possible in one go? (thinking london bridge. manchester arena etc).

Have to wonder if social media has anything to do with it as the increase seems to be since things like FB existed and those stupid 'dares' and things that go round the world.

I just can't imagine what on earth would posses a teenager to walk into an art gallery and throw a random child that he didn't know or had never met, off a balcony????
Of course there's more random violence around . I think the knife attacks are drug related or as you say maybe " dares" between gangs .
However there are many people out there in the community who at one time would have been in places where they were looked after but since being released to wander about with who knows what playing in their heads who knows .
This 17 yr old said to blame Social Services when asked why he did it so it sounds like maybe he was desperate to draw attention to himself and whatever ailed him but so far beyond our rational thinking to do something like that .
I read a woman an her son were pushed onto the tracks in a rail station in Germany so it's not just in this country these random attacks are happening ?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2019, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Susan68 ->
Yes, strange. A teenager walking into an art gallery for starters.

I don't mean to trivialise this heinous act. But there seems to be some inconsistencies in this story.
Zuleika
North West UK

05-08-2019, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Yes, strange. A teenager walking into an art gallery for starters.

I don't mean to trivialise this heinous act. But there seems to be some inconsistencies in this story.
Maybe wasn't interested in anything artistic on show ,just went up to the viewing platform ?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2019, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Maybe wasn't interested in anything artistic on show ,just went up to the viewing platform ?
Possibly so. But why pick on that unfortunate boy? How did he, the victim end up on the fifth floor rather than all the way down to the deck? Is the building slanted maybe?

Just things that don't quite click.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

05-08-2019, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Don't be ridiculous Realist!

This has nothing to do with tedious religious debates whatsoever.
That is just stirring.
Could god have prevented the tragic event?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2019, 11:29 PM

The building is slanted
Nothing is consistent.
How can it be?
The teenager was aparantly stalking other children prior to this incident .

Page 3 of 29 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top