Join for free
Page 103 of 391 « First < 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 203 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2012, 12:39 AM

Re: Today I have .........

Hazel what a stupid thing to start changing gas pipes so near to a big holiday like christmas, what are they thinking?, is it unsafe all of a sudden?.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2012, 12:53 AM

"Somebody's knockin' at the dow, somebody's ringin' the bell" Does Paul McCartney sing Door or Dow?, Why does Paul Jones Sing "Dar she was just walkin' down the street zinging do wah.."?. I think I've had enough port Folks, goodnight all
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2012, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
"Somebody's knockin' at the dow, somebody's ringin' the bell" Does Paul McCartney sing Door or Dow?, Why does Paul Jones Sing "Dar she was just walkin' down the street zinging do wah.."?. I think I've had enough port Folks, goodnight all
Neither Jem it's dowah and my Dad thought the Searchers in Needles and Pins were singing about my Mum Edna (hurt'n her).
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2012, 08:01 AM

Hazel what a stupid thing to start changing gas pipes so near to a big holiday like christmas, what are they thinking?, is it unsafe all of a sudden?.
they don't think Jem , to do that would require brains, I think them at top is short of them up top. If it's unsafe now then it was in Summer too.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.

14-12-2012, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Today......... I was fed up so I sat in my favourite chair & ate a whole trifle.

I feel sick.
why were you so fed up Bobbyboy?? You should have come on here and had a gripe someone would have cheered you up.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2012, 05:03 PM

I'm just sitting here sipping port and singing to a bewildered looking dog.
I do that all the time to our cat, she just about manages to stand it until I hit the high notes of "Crying" and she runs away to the bedroom.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.

14-12-2012, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by oldbugger ->
I do that all the time to our cat, she just about manages to stand it until I hit the high notes of "Crying" and she runs away to the bedroom.
I used to sing Oh for the wings of a Dove and my Pembroke Corgie (Brynnie) would howl at the top of his bark.
Oldbugger you can sing Crying to me anyday of the week. If I've had enough to drink I'll join in.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2012, 06:58 PM

I'll never forget one night I was rather tiddly and the wife went to answer the door which turned out to be the police which she'd called out for something.

Well I was "in the zone" and didn't know this so as they walked into the living room I was belting out the final verses of Crying at the top of my voice (doing Roy proud if I do say so myself) and only noticed they were there when I finished. I actually knew one of the officers too, the embarrassment.

Then there was the time when my wife joined in as k.d lang. The broken glass went everywhere.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.

14-12-2012, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by oldbugger ->
I'll never forget one night I was rather tiddly and the wife went to answer the door which turned out to be the police which she'd called out for something.

Well I was "in the zone" and didn't know this so as they walked into the living room I was belting out the final verses of Crying at the top of my voice (doing Roy proud if I do say so myself) and only noticed they were there when I finished. I actually knew one of the officers too, the embarrassment.

Then there was the time when my wife joined in as k.d lang. The broken glass went everywhere.
You're lyin' tnrough your teeth (as we say) you couldn't hit that high note.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.

14-12-2012, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by hazel ->
You're lyin' tnrough your teeth (as we say) you couldn't hit that high note.
Indeed, my attempts are in vain and come out like a cat being strangled.

Roy Orbison had an incredible voice for managing to get that high.

I don't think his voice deteriorated at all from 1956 to his death in 1988 despite being a lifelong smoker.

If only my voice sounded like it did in 1956. Angelic I was according to my best friend at the time. Then again, he was tone deaf.

Page 103 of 391 « First < 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 203 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top