Join for free
Page 30 of 30 « First < 20 28 29 30
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 09:28 AM

Re: Should I do it?

When your stuck in a situation, its hard to see all the options.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 09:34 AM

Carol - It could be a good idea to print a copy of this thread which may go some way to prove the difficulties you've had and the steps you've considered and taken. If you ever have further problems with your bully neighbour, you could consider reporting him to the police with the intention of getting a civil injunction order against him. I'd hate to live close to an anti-social neighbour - once a bully always a bully............and they don't like to loose!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Carol - It could be a good idea to print a copy of this thread which may go some way to prove the difficulties you've had and the steps you've considered and taken. If you ever have further problems with your bully neighbour, you could consider reporting him to the police with the intention of getting a civil injunction order against him. I'd hate to live close to an anti-social neighbour - once a bully always a bully............and they don't like to loose!

I have already opened a log with the police. The council & my MP know about it all - including the bullying.

Thanks Lindyloo. Your suggestion is appreciated..
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
My drive is on a little slope. If I had gates I don't know where they would open.
They can't go upwards towards the garage because of the slope and if they opened outwards they would be obstructing the lane & I'm sure bully boy would object to that.

Thanks for your suggestion anyway - it's true a gate would have been less contentious but not possible in this situation.
You can get gate hinges that cope with virtually any slope. They are easy to make too. The bottom hinge is offset from the post so as you open the gate the gate centre travels upwards over the slope. The amount of offset depends on the slope.

https://www.gatesplus.com.au/Rising_hinges.html
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I have already opened a log with the police. The council & my MP know about it all - including the bullying.

Thanks Lindyloo. Your suggestion is appreciated..
Be careful what you record with regards to you and your neighbour carol. If you ever want to sell your house any disputes between neighbours have to be declared these days as part of the selling process and could influence the decision of a prospective buyer to proceed with the purchase or withdraw.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 05:24 PM

My son & his family would like to live in this house when we're gone & I want them to live here.

Trouble is he'd have to buy his 2 sisters out...

Page 30 of 30 « First < 20 28 29 30

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top