Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 04:21 AM

Would You Go on a Mystery Flight?

Qantas Airlines is offering mystery domestic day trips to one of three Australian cities that includes activities like wine making, snorkeling, gourmet lunches, etc.

The price is $737 Australian, £413, US$577).

Would you?
WeezyAnna
New Member!
Louisiana, USA
WeezyAnna is female 

04-03-2021, 04:45 AM

Re: Would You Go on a Mystery Flight?

Would they tell me how long the flight is? I HATE flying and would not want to get on a flight not knowing how long it would be.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by WeezyAnna ->
Would they tell me how long the flight is? I HATE flying and would not want to get on a flight not knowing how long it would be.
Last time I flew from Sydney to LA it was a 14 hour flight non stop. The longest flight to the US West Coast I've taken was Sydney - San Francisco with a short stop in Honolulu. That was over 20 hours. Both of these were with QANTAS. Puzzles me though how this would be a current offer considering COVID??..But whatever. Sounds very cheap. Are you sure it's not a scam? I would be very careful. But having said all that..COME TO AUSTRALIA!!..You are welcome!...You will not regret it. You will NOT be eaten by crocodiles or killer kangaroos. You will NOT be bitten to death by ants the size of Volkswagens or snakes as big a interstate coaches. Nothing will hurt you as long as you don't take unnecessary risks. You will have a ball. Ask for Keezoy ..
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 06:01 AM

Good advice, keezoy!

I like the idea - it could be fun - and, as it is a recognized airline, I might consider it. Have been on 'Mystery' coach trips before and enjoyed them.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Good advice, keezoy!

I like the idea - it could be fun - and, as it is a recognized airline, I might consider it. Have been on 'Mystery' coach trips before and enjoyed them.
I added a bit there Tab but yes you're welcome! QANTAS is one of the world's oldest and biggest airlines - second oldest I think after KLM. And their ace in the hole is that they are the only one that has never crashed. Way way back in the dream time there was a crash of a small mail plane but that was way before it was an international airline. I am happy to brag that their safety record is unrivalled anywhere. But this one sounds a bit suss. ?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 06:15 AM

Hi

With Quantas in Australia, yes, great fun.

Elsewhere, No.

The thought of arriving in some places is simply not on.
keezoy
Australia

04-03-2021, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

With Quantas in Australia, yes, great fun.

Elsewhere, No.

The thought of arriving in some places is simply not on.

I agree. Don't like international surprises. You could end up in....Let's just say somewhere Donald Trump would refer to as a certain kind of hole...
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by WeezyAnna ->

Me too Anna.....flying for me us just a necessary evil.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 06:31 AM

This is a domestic deal within Australia, but I'm presuming this comes with a loosening of the recent lockdowns.

I think it would be great fun - especially for the younger set - a great way to meet people.

I have to say that at the advertised price, I would want at least one night in the surprise city, though. That's a hefty price for a one day adventure!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

04-03-2021, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Good advice, keezoy!

That's terrific, ST! Where did you end up?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top