Join for free
Page 13 of 46 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 01:28 PM

Re: Sarah Everard

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
We're not saying the media doesn't have it's uses Arty, it's just that 99% of it induces aggression. It's got well out of control....
I agree....it doesn't simply inform anymore, it creates drama.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 01:46 PM

I'm not sure animals do have rules of behaviour Annie, rules of survival perhaps, and respect of other animals that could inflict injury and damage, even though they could beat them in a fracas. An injured animal that is unable to hunt is a dead animal....And.......I don't think we are the most violent species either. When you consider how large the population of the world is, and we tend to rub along without incident mostly. Animals on the other hand can be very territorial and would not tolerate other animals living as close to each other as humans do...
it really does depend on the animal as to the rules. Look at ants or bees for example - very organised hierarchical societies. They work together to survive just like we do. The difference with humans is that have spent a great deal of energy having wars and torture and oppress large or small groups of our own kind. So I wouldn't say for example that launching two atomic bombs on Japan was without incident. We rub along because we need each other to survive. But we kill more of each other and more animals than any other species on this planet.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
I have an aerosol canister of Deep Heat spray (which is for sore muscles), and I keep it handy in my backpack for when I have cramp in my calf muscles. It's legal to carry, but a faceful of that would REALLY discourage any attacker as well as give them a nice, strong smell.
But would you be able to get it out of your back pack ?
Attacks are violent and unexpected .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 01:49 PM

Unless he fesses up Twink....
He was seen on CCTV camera that is why he has also been charged with kidnap .She was probably in his car.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

13-03-2021, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Suedonim ->
Ah, so it was her own fault she was murdered, because she crossed a park on her own?
I am with you on this Suedomin .
It may have not been the wisest move to walk out alone at night but it doesn’t mean she deserved to be murdered
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 01:53 PM

That's because we are civilised Ted....
Some animals will kill a human just for being there, and not necessarily for food...

Animals will also hump females whether they like it or not....It would be classed as rape in our world. Every now and then a bloke turns up who has regressed back to his roots...
Our two cats think they are civilised too and that torturing a dead mouse or bird is part of their civilisation! Our civilisation includes dog fights, cock fights with blades, bullfighting and used to include gladiatorial spectacles in Roman times. all badged as civilisation. Public executions were the norm in medieval times. We make the rules and decide on how civilised we are. Again the cats think we are kidding ourselves.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

13-03-2021, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I am with you on this Suedomin .
It may have not been the wisest move to walk out alone at night but it doesn’t mean she deserved to be murdered
I don't think anyone said she deserved to be murdered, just that she was taking a risk.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Our two cats think they are civilised too and that torturing a dead mouse or bird is part of their civilisation! Our civilisation includes dog fights, cock fights with blades, bullfighting and used to include gladiatorial spectacles in Roman times. all badged as civilisation. Public executions were the norm in medieval times. We make the rules and decide on how civilised we are. Again the cats think we are kidding ourselves.
Animals are absolutely NOT civilised. The very nature of animal behaviour is the antithesis of civilisation, it is the innate behaviour of the things.

As for blood sports INCLUDING so-called sport fishing are NOT civilised. They are elements of brutality that polute true civilisation.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

13-03-2021, 02:14 PM

Yet apart form cats few animals kill for sport only.
They kill for food .
We don’t .
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2021, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I don't think anyone said she deserved to be murdered, just that she was taking a risk.
Corrct Annie But some people see any criticism of risktaking such as this , walking alone across Clapham Common during darkness and in this case perhaps standing out during a lockdown too, as victim blame which of course it isn’t .

Some women seem to think they ought to be allowed to do exactly as they please without feeling fear . Sadly this has led to them being attacked in various ways and very often to their deaths .

Page 13 of 46 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top