Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 11:26 PM

Re: Replacing a kitchen light fitting

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Yes indeed . I wonder what the most powerful bulb you can put in it is ?
Immy lounge I have light fitting that looks like a spaceship set flush to the ceiling ,very pretty but the light it gives off is a yellowy one .Horrid ! Consequently I never use it.
There are three GU10s above the ceiling and two in the cooker hood. About 25W in total. And all very white. And energy efficient.

I'm with Foxy - why do you have a problem with LEDs? A little tale. We've been using them for indicator industrial indicator lamps since 1992. No failures since then.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
There are three GU10s above the ceiling and two in the cooker hood. About 25W in total. And all very white. And energy efficient.

I'm with Foxy - why do you have a problem with LEDs? A little tale. We've been using them for indicator industrial indicator lamps since 1992. No failures since then.
Not just me says they don’t give out as good alight as the incandescents did . I don’t doubt for a minute that your lights are good but then they’re not up encased in an opaque glass shade.
How do I post a photo?
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 04:17 PM

Here it is .Just needs turning round .

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	5110DC4C-7125-480C-A62F-24297B6F1F43.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	15107  
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 05:13 PM

Not just me says they don’t give out as good alight as the incandescents did . I don’t doubt for a minute that your lights are good but then they’re not up encased in an opaque glass shade.
How do I post a photo?
I promise you that the incandescent units are certainly not nearly as good as the good LEDs.

Not to mention the dreadful energy efficiency for incandescent bulbs.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2021, 06:34 PM

How do I post a photo?
In fairness Zuleika I can tell you from experience that not all bulbs are created equal - and that applies to LED bulbs just the same as with most things.
I've had some where despite being careful with stated colour temperature, output and reviews they've been rubbish.

I have a fitting similar to yours in a bathroom with an LED in it and I can assure you that it is excellent.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2021, 06:42 PM

As with all lamps, LEDs come in different colour temperatures and wattages. The ones in my lounge are 11W bright white - so bright are they, I've had to remove one of them because you'd have to be wearing a welder's mask to look at them for any length of time.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2021, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
As with all lamps, LEDs come in different colour temperatures and wattages. The ones in my lounge are 11W bright white - so bright are they, I've had to remove one of them because you'd have to be wearing a welder's mask to look at them for any length of time.
Ha ha Yes Judd, I replaced an incandescent bulb in the hall with a 1350 lumens LED and Mrs Fox used to wear her bikini and sunbathe in there......Got some funny looks off the postman, and the police called round to confiscate the marijuana plants they thought we were growing.... Didn't look in the loft though did they...
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

31-03-2021, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Yes, welder's mask. We have the 15W bright white units in the living room/kitchen. This is really for my dear wife's painting.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 09:36 AM

These LED lights are used to give plenty of brightness in the kitchen/dining room (separate switches). Not decorative but practical. They are really bright and used only when preparing meals and if any craftwork is being done at the dining table.

Other than that, LED lights under the kitchen cupboards and lamps at the sides of the room are used. I prefer softer lighting unless brightness is really needed.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2021, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
These LED lights are used to give plenty of brightness in the kitchen/dining room (separate switches). Not decorative but practical. They are really bright and used only when preparing meals and if any craftwork is being done at the dining table.

Other than that, LED lights under the kitchen cupboards and lamps at the sides of the room are used. I prefer softer lighting unless brightness is really needed.
I've fitted a few like that one in customer's kitchens and the difference they make is astounding - can't do with working in a gloomy, poorly-lit kitchen.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top