Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2021, 06:50 AM

Re: F.A.O. Keezoy

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I was taught by my Malaysian friend's daughter in law who is Thai but this recipe is as close as I can find but if you look on YouTube there are several but this one is about right. Despite what she says tinned Mango is crap. I use a cloth and a steamer to cook the rice as she demonstrates, I have a bamboo steamer but not like her's in mine the rice would fall through the gaps.

Thank you, Bruce, definitely putting that on my 'to try' list!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2021, 07:54 PM

Ok, what did I miss? What are you all on about with rice cookers? You just need a normal pot, water and a touch of salt if it’s plain rice you’re cooking
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2021, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Ok, what did I miss? What are you all on about with rice cookers? You just need a normal pot, water and a touch of salt if it’s plain rice you’re cooking
Minx this is not the original thread I started on rice cookers. So that's why you missed the beginning. I started that thread to discuss all the things you can cook in rice cookers..apart from rice. They usually have a unique cooking temperature. Not hot enough to deep fry but hotter than a slow cooker or crock pot. They are usually small and compact but still big enough to cook a good sized meal. And the heat is not all concentrated on the base of the cooking bowl. OK? Basically it's about if you already have a rice cooker what else you can do with it.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top