Join for free
Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 11:11 AM

Re: Opining an opinion

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I never use the ignore facility Rox...I try and exert self control....it don’t always work though...😂🤣
I did too Pauline for most of my time (10 years) on this forum. But even my patience ran out eventually. Then needs must........For a while anyway.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 02:53 PM

I don't know about any ignore buttons or blocking, but I have a way to deal with the more intense discussions on threads. I read the posts, decide if I should voice my opinion, most times I laugh and can't be bothered, but if I do feel a need to interject my thoughts, I post them.
Then, read a few posts below my own, and seldom go back to debate. I don't debate, you have an opinion and I have mine. Neither of us will change our minds. And, that's allowed
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by right now ->
i don't know about any ignore buttons or blocking, but i have a way to deal with the more intense discussions on threads. I read the posts, decide if i should voice my opinion, most times i laugh and can't be bothered, but if i do feel a need to interject my thoughts, i post them.
then, read a few posts below my own, and seldom go back to debate. i don't debate, you have an opinion and i have mine. Neither of us will change our minds. And, that's allowed
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Susan ,has made a very valid point imo.

Being opinionated, which I believe quite a few of us are.

As in the Harry case, I can only look at that from a psychological view point, as of to why he is coming out with so much stuff about the RF, because it’s been locked inside of him, he has found that freedom, so is blurting it all out,

Another my belief, never discuss it now, because I am unable to discuss, it’s in stone and will never ever budge....it’s rooted to my core.

I have had a few members ,who have helped me see things differently,Susan, Meg, Mags....But they have a great gift of how to approach ....they don’t come in with all guns blazing......

They are the only 3 I really listen to in honesty.....as in “ take on board” what is being said.

Edit to add...in the gardening/ home section on the forum, I listen to everyone’s knowledge, especially gardening.....I love it!!
It will have to be just 2, for a while, Pauline, as I feel the need for a holiday!

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 09:50 PM

When you get certain old, you tend not to get intense, so self modding is easy.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
When you get certain old, you tend not to get intense, so self modding is easy.
Yes I agree Spitty...I've found as I get older I really don't have many passionate opinions anymore and for those opinions I do have if folks disagree with them...so what? Its no big deal.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 06:19 AM

Yep summer, its better to have once been opinionated, than never have been opinionated at all.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 06:23 AM

Yep summer, its better to have once been opinionated, than never have been opinionated at all.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2021, 03:29 PM

yep summer, its better to have once been opinionated, than never have been opinionated at all.

Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top