Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
macywack
north west, england
macywack is male  macywack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2021, 02:06 PM

Is anyone on the ball with restrictions

Can we in England go into Scotland or Wales yet, or in the near future, this would be for holidays?
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2021, 02:19 PM

Re: Is anyone on the ball with restrictions

Originally Posted by macywack ->
Can we in England go into Scotland or Wales yet, or in the near future, this would be for holidays?
Not on the ball admittedly as I have no need or intention of travelling anywhere other than locally. However, on the first link below it does give details, just scroll down the page to the subheading "Travelling to or from Scotland" and the details are shown as to holidaying in Scotland:

"Non-essential travel between Scotland and the rest of the UK, and the wider Common Travel Area, remains restricted. This means it is illegal to enter or leave Scotland unless you have a reasonable excuse. Travelling for a holiday is not a reasonable excuse."

It's a government website so I assume the details are up-to-date:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/covid-19...hannel-islands

Further details about travel on the link below, from the Scottish government:

https://www.gov.scot/publications/co...aroundscotland
macywack
north west, england
macywack is male  macywack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2021, 07:40 AM

thanks for that
Baz46
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2021, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by macywack ->
thanks for that
You are welcome, I hope it was of some use.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2021, 08:15 AM

Scotland awaits the visitors, but not just yet I think, Mr Macy. Besides, its pouring down.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2021, 11:28 AM

Hah! I was about to Post the same sort of question

For more than 12 months I have been largely staying in; not completely self isolating, but the only times I've been out have been shopping, to collect prescriptions, and similar important errands; though I did once go to a different supermarket about two miles away

So not surprisingly I'm fed up with this, and getting itchy feet
I have plans & ideas of places I'd like to visit; events I'd like to go to; and friends & family I'd like to see; all of which would mean travelling

A couple of events are advertised as taking place in August and September, but I wondered when this current Lockdown is forecast to end, and we can travel feely and be more or less back to normal

I've surfed t'Net, and as far as I can tell this will happen from 21st June onwards, but I would be grateful if someone could confirm that
They seem to make up the rules as they go along and it would be most annoying to get into trouble or be landed with a hefty fine for the sake of waiting another week ir two
Baz46

19-04-2021, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
Hah! I was about to Post the same sort of question

For more than 12 months I have been largely staying in; not completely self isolating, but the only times I've been out have been shopping, to collect prescriptions, and similar important errands; though I did once go to a different supermarket about two miles away

So not surprisingly I'm fed up with this, and getting itchy feet
I have plans & ideas of places I'd like to visit; events I'd like to go to; and friends & family I'd like to see; all of which would mean travelling

A couple of events are advertised as taking place in August and September, but I wondered when this current Lockdown is forecast to end, and we can travel feely and be more or less back to normal

I've surfed t'Net, and as far as I can tell this will happen from 21st June onwards, but I would be grateful if someone could confirm that.

They seem to make up the rules as they go along and it would be most annoying to get into trouble or be landed with a hefty fine for the sake of waiting another week ir two
The lockdown regulations and relaxing of same do seem to be a little confusing I find. The link below is the official government one so a definite, unless of course things change yet again:

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...g-2021-summary
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2021, 04:07 PM

The Welsh border has reopened. Scotland's border with England is still shut for the time being.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2021, 04:35 PM

As was widely expected, from Monday, April 26, bars, pubs, restaurants, shops and gyms can reopen as part of Scotland returning to level 3 lockdown restrictions. This also means cross border travel between Scotland and England will be permitted and up to 50 people can now attend weddings or funerals.

Haste Ye Back
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2021, 07:34 PM

Off to visit my Dad tomorrow who is very ill. No information on the government site about how far we can travel but the Macmillan site says we are allowed to travel to visit someone who 'may' be coming to the end of their life. I hope not obviously but I also don't want to leave it too late to see him.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top