Join for free
Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2021, 11:35 AM

Re: Flattery will get you nowhere

RJG, Have You ever considered becoming a stunt woman?

My ex husband was always having accidents, l used to jokingly call him... ‘a walking disaster’!

The worst was when he played in a friendly cricket match, the Education Dept v The Teachers.

He came home with his face covered in blood and his two front teeth missing! He was batting and somehow the cricket ball ricocheted off the bat and hit his mouth.
Worse.. we were flying out to Majorca a few days later!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2021, 09:47 AM

Re: Flattery will get you nowhere

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
So you have had one "event" on average every five and a half years. I am not entirely convinced that being accident prone or just plain clumsy counts toward having a life "much more eventful than those of most other members of this forum".

I must admit I was hoping you would regale us with exciting tales of "derring do", romance in the South Pacific or trekking across Afghanistan.

Banging your head on a doorway, being scared of cows or almost falling into the sea are hardly events most people would list as memorable highlights of their life surely?

Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top