Join for free
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2021, 02:14 PM

F.A.O. Pixie

Thought of you today - have you a Tesco store near you? The current copy of their freebie magazine has recipes for making Pasta without using a machine.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2021, 02:18 PM

Re: F.A.O. Pixie

Hi! Yes I have, Tabby....I usually get an online shop from them, so haven't seen their magazine for ages. I'll take a stroll down and grab a copy! Thank you SO much for the heads up....I'm having a go at pasta this weekend, so perfect timing!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2021, 04:01 PM

Sooooo......I had a go at making this pasta, and the pastry turned out well. I tried to go all fancy pants and plait it, which was fine, but obviously wouldn't fit in the pot. So I cut it into square size pieces and cooked it. It took longer than the instructions, and ended up like Gnocchi in texture.

All in all it was a good experience to do, but an incredible faff, if I'm honest. I'm not going to repeat it anytime soon.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Homemade pasta.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	15357  
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2021, 04:09 PM

My late mother in law who was of Italian parentage made her own pasta it took all day and she hung all over the furniture .
But Mama Mia it was delicious!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

24-04-2021, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
My late mother in law who was of Italian parentage made her own pasta it took all day and she hung all over the furniture .
But Mama Mia it was delicious!
That sounds great, Muddy! Yeah it took me all afternoon, what with the resting time and stuff, and I laid it out over the counters. It was fun, but I have a new respect for people who do it all the time!
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2021, 05:09 PM

Do what the Swiss do.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?v...b%252BKMt6qYHw
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

24-04-2021, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by PooBear ->
Do what the Swiss do.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?v...b%252BKMt6qYHw
Well PB, I'm going to need to head down to the garden centre and get myself one of them! My word, if I had known it was so easy, I would have a tidy kitchen now! I wonder how many I could fit on a raised bed down at the allotment.....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top