Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2021, 09:45 AM

Re: Nomadlands

Hi

Good Films are very simple in my view.

Anything with Ms Kidman removing her clothes or which has photon torpedoes gets my attention.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2021, 09:50 AM

Haha! Well Swimmy, I'm thinking that Nomadlands won't have either of these things in it, so I daresay its not one for you. Although...its quite possible a photon torpedo could make a random appearance!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 10:13 PM

Well having just watched this, I realise now (again) why I never get excited about movies. It was alright but I don't see the Oscar-worthiness of it. I may watch it again at some point, but not soon. Pity....
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2021, 02:48 AM

I downloaded a copy from Buccaneers Cove ages ago but haven't got round to watching it. Must do so soon.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

01-05-2021, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I downloaded a copy from Buccaneers Cove ages ago but haven't got round to watching it. Must do so soon.
Its apparently a book adaptation of the same name, and leaves SO much of the book out, that its practically a different thing altogether. I much prefer books to movies, so I ordered the book. Having said that, I do hope you enjoy the movie when you watch it - you may see it differently from me.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2021, 06:35 PM

By coincidence, my brother mentioned Nomadlands in a message to me yesterday.
He described it as being ‘absolutely absorbing’ and watched part of it again.
I must google Frances McDormand as he really rates her. I can’t place her but l might recognise her face?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

01-05-2021, 06:41 PM

She was the main character in Billboards of Missouri...a real down to earth looking woman, not one of these fancy made up botox ladies.

http://https://duckduckgo.com/?q=fra...ages&ia=images

I think she is great as an actress as well.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top