Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 07:37 PM

Re: EU blatant favoritism provokes Indian backlash over vaccines

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
But, when asked about giving vaccines to India, the foreign secretary*Dominic Raab*said: “I haven’t had a request I can tell you on that specifically.”
His Labour shadow,*Lisa Nandy, also backed the UK completing its vaccination programme first, saying: “We haven’t defeated this virus in Britain yet and we need to keep up the momentum.”

But Patrick Watt, Christian Aid’s director of policy, said: “Now that almost all British adults in high-risk categories have been vaccinated – many of them with doses made in India – the UK should be sharing supplies with South Asia and other poorer regions where rollout has been slow.”
Hey Solasch. Do I detect a little Brit Bashing in the Nether-regions of your tone?

Why all the posts suggesting the UK provide vaccines to India? We're surely viewed as the "poor" boys kicked out of the Almighty EU? No? Did you want us to stay? Did you want to kick us a bit more? Huh?

The UK have done pretty well with vaccinations and a quote from ONE (fairly insignificant) Brit suggesting we send vaccinations to India............when the UK has been obliged to accept EU dictated quotas of immigrants - and a FAR greater number than population density calculations suggest.

I find your attitude pretty typical of the EU dictates from Macron and Merkel................so it's no wonder we left..........and we'll do far, far better out of the EU than we would ever do being bashed to smithereens by the bully-boys of Europe.

Why doesn't the mighty EU send vaccines to India - huh? Why doesn't the mighty EU take responsibility and do something constructive rather than destructive? Huh?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Why doesn't the mighty EU send vaccines to India - huh? Why doesn't the mighty EU take responsibility and do something constructive rather than destructive? Huh?
Perhaps because they are still waiting for those doses produced in the UK, meant for the EU but kept in the UK by....well, you tell me.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2021, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Hey Solasch. Do I detect a little Brit Bashing in the Nether-regions of your tone?
Like the EU bashing that follows next?
Why all the posts suggesting the UK provide vaccines to India? We're surely viewed as the "poor" boys kicked out of the Almighty EU? No? Did you want us to stay? Did you want to kick us a bit more? Huh?

The UK have done pretty well with vaccinations and a quote from ONE (fairly insignificant) Brit suggesting we send vaccinations to India............when the UK has been obliged to accept EU dictated quotas of immigrants - and a FAR greater number than population density calculations suggest.

I find your attitude pretty typical of the EU dictates from Macron and Merkel................so it's no wonder we left..........and we'll do far, far better out of the EU than we would ever do being bashed to smithereens by the bully-boys of Europe.

Of course you will flourish! The evidence is all over this forum. Just read zaphod's posts and you ill be very happy.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top