Join for free
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2021, 09:06 AM

A boiler switch off question

For those of you reading my chit chat posts, you may have seen that tomorrow I am having a new consumer board fitted. Therefore, my power is likely to be off for around 5 hours.

Can someone please tell me, do I need to switch the boiler off? Either on the unit itself (turn the dial), or flip the switch on the wall underneath. Electrician suggested I did a dummy run today, but I want to know what I am doing first.

Any suggestions please? It’s a Baxi combi.

Many thanks.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2021, 09:40 AM

Re: A boiler switch off question

Personally, I wouldn't touch it.

You don't say if the boiler is gas or electric. Not sure that matters anyway. I have a Gas Baxi Combi, it won't work without power (elect.) so it won't come on. Once the power supply is restored it will start up timed as before.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2021, 10:05 AM

It’s gas CH but the thermostat is a separate hand held unit.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2021, 10:20 AM

I can't switch off my old boiler, she just keeps yacking when I am watching a program
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2021, 11:35 AM

Shouldn't be a problem Jazzi, just switch of at the switch and turn it on again when the power is restored. There shouldn't be a timer on the boiler itself, it will be on your remote box and that is battery power and won't be affected..
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2021, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I can't switch off my old boiler, she just keeps yacking when I am watching a program
👍👍👍😀😀😀!!

Donkeyman! 🤗🤗
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2021, 12:03 PM

Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

05-05-2021, 03:51 PM

Didn’t need to touch it. He actually turned up at lunchtime and has done the fuse box, and replaced a second light fitting. The only minor thing was that he didn’t replace my FF plug after checking the circuit. I got the dog out for a walk after he’d gone, when home I then went to the fridge to do a late lunch of toast and thought ‘uh oh, what’s up?’ Then remembered he’d used that socket. All sorted.

Thanks for your replies. Now I just need to put everything back.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2021, 04:32 PM

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top