Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2021, 12:05 PM

Re: Are there any diabetics that use insulin here?

Hi Twink,

I’m sorry, I don’t know much about diabetes but I’m sending you a virtual hug and hoping that our kind OFF members have provided you with the right information to enable you to obtain some sort of resolution. Good luck
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2021, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I am not diabetic Twink.

I do however share your frustrations with the problems you are having.

It really is pass the parcel with the NHS at the moment.
You are right, it is like pass the parcel! I am keeping a record of what happens because if I become seriously ill I will be writing to the hospital to complain, especially as I have a copy of a letter that the consultant sent to my doctor & it was obvious that he didn't even know what insulin I was on!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2021, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Hi Twink,

I’m sorry, I don’t know much about diabetes but I’m sending you a virtual hug and hoping that our kind OFF members have provided you with the right information to enable you to obtain some sort of resolution. Good luck
Thank you Minx! If I am honest, the people who replied to this thread have offered more helpful advice than the NHS has!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2021, 04:41 PM

Hi Diane,

No I have the same Insulin 3 times a day and 4 Metformin tablets.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

08-05-2021, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Hi Diane,

No I have the same Insulin 3 times a day and 4 Metformin tablets.
Thanks Susie, sounds like your insulin could be the answer for me & I probably won't need the Metformin as I had to stop taking them, because they also put me into hypos.
From what I have read HumalogMix50 sounds like a mixture of fast acting & slow acting insulin so, if the slow acting isn't too strong it may be what I am looking for.
Thank you so much for your help!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 08:05 AM

Yes that's right Diane, Fast and Slow acting Insulin.
The only problem I have with Metformin is, I can't get off the Loo!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

09-05-2021, 08:50 AM

Yes that's right Diane, Fast and Slow acting Insulin.
The only problem I have with Metformin is, I can't get off the Loo!
When I have sorted my problem, we must have a chat because all diabetics are different and so the experts cannot give good advice to them all.
When I used the old Animal insulin I could control my Diabetes very well , but what they now call " human insulin" does not suit many humans. Speak to your diabetes consultant about the Metformin, because they should know how to deal with all the visits to the Loo!.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK

09-05-2021, 01:18 PM

Yes you are correct Diane, I used to be on Pig Insulin, then they changed it to Imitation stuff and its not much good now.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

09-05-2021, 02:32 PM

Yes you are correct Diane, I used to be on Pig Insulin, then they changed it to Imitation stuff and its not much good now.
It seems to me that even top consultants believe what the Pharma reps tell them about new insulin and think it will do the same for all.... but it doesn't!

I will let you know if they come up with any better alternatives, but I am going to try and question the manufacturers, before I accept them!
I have very small doses of insulin usually 8 for breakfast, 8 for lunch and between 8 and 10 for dinner, but then I have 14 units of Lantus ( the long acting insulin) when I go to bed.
I will send you a pm to let you know what I am using when they can find one that suits me!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK

10-05-2021, 07:34 AM

Thanks Diane.

I take 50, 30, 50 units a day of Insulin.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top