Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 02:32 PM

slow zoom

One problem I found was doing a slow zoom . Hand holding the camcorder creates too much camera shake . Just having the camcorder on a tripod still creates the same as you have to have a hand on the magnification switch. Using a wired remote control is one option but a better one is a wireless remote control.

So tried it out with the rig I have. i could have slowed it down even more in editing but this is as taken straight from the camcorder using the remote button half pressed

I think this is far better than just a stills photograph, but that is just my opinion. sound needed a "dead cat " to cut out wind noise
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 07:14 PM

Re: slow zoom

I didn't hear the wind, RS, just birdsong - which was lovely. Nice zooming effect too!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 08:07 PM

I would love to see other members videos on here. I am sure there must be a few that make them
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I think this is far better than just a stills photograph,
Indeed it is, realspeed. I could feel the tension increasing as we zoomed into that flower. When we were right up close, I half expected an Alien creature to burst out of it and attach itself to my face.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

09-05-2021, 09:28 PM

Thank you both for the nice comments. One thing I did find out is that if zoomed right in before starting the video, getting the centre of the flower in the middle of the frame first then zoom out. Then when actually recording one knows where the end of the video will be.
I have a great method called trial and error and if it takes several goes to get it right it doesn't show in the end product
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 12:14 AM

All I can think of is that your lawn needs mowing
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
All I can think of is that your lawn needs mowing
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 06:08 AM

That slow zoom is much, much better.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

10-05-2021, 09:30 AM

Thank you all again. It does make me wonder, ok it is my "thing" at the moment, why people stay with just taking photographs. Yes I am just as guilty but at least I do diverse into videos quite a bit as well.

Just thinking of videos of grandchildren running about instead of them just standing there for example. Must be beter surely and with portable storage memory availeable showing others would be more interesting.

I have videos of my granchildren in a pool when we were in Brazil and how nice it is to see how they were back then. Won't show them as it they are family and perverts are everywhere
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 09:33 AM

It gives you lovely memories, RS, and video does capture more of the moment than a photograph. I think it depends on context, as to whether photo or video is appropriate at the time. You seem to be enjoying yourself, which is all that matters - and I'm enjoying learning a bit about the kit and techniques, so thank you

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top