Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 04:21 PM

Re: The area I live in

Originally Posted by susan m ->
...Next to me a dog sits feet away from my fencing barking and barking , it's never told to be quiet even though they are sitting feet away from it indoors watching TV or reading , it is just allowed to bark...
Chuck some laxative chocolate through the letter box while your neighbours are out and have left the dog at home.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 04:36 PM

Awww the poor little dog I wouldnt do that but I'd give it to the people if I could .

Zuleka , I have looked at accommodation for the over 60s but the maintenance payments and ground rents are high around £3000 per year but I have given it thought and I will continue to look even though those payments are out of reach to me.

I've just had a thought maybe I should wear ear plugs when sitting in my garden
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 04:59 PM

It is not the dogs fault that he ended up with low life owners, who it seems have not attempted to train him... but it is the dog who will suffer. They may then chain him up in the garden at night so neighbours, like Susan, will have to listen to him barking all night ! Why not try putting your brains into gear before making such stupid suggestions?

Susan, if your neighbourhood is not what it used to be and you are unable to move, perhaps realspeed's suggestion may help.
If you own your property it may be hard to sell with such neighbours, but if you rent it why not try to find somewhere that you may be happier. My sister was given a pensioners bungalow & the neighbours there were very friendly!
bret
australia - travelling from west to east?
bret is male 

11-05-2021, 05:32 PM

Is it possible seeing as the people aren't friendly to try and befriend the dog in some way - nothing outrageous or too strenuous - just talking to it over the fence from time to time - animals get lonely too - and giving it a few titbits - left over meat chops etc - once the dog gets to know you they may in fact quieten down? you would then be achieving several things and helping a poor lonely dog?
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 05:33 PM

Sorry I dont make replies to each of you but I do read what you suggest . I think if things became too much I would sell and go into over 60s accommodation although there are big overheads .

To move other than the over 60s place would be a big concern as once bitten twice shy and I'm told flats have very bad sound proofing , and another terraced house may be an issue too .

Meanwhile its ear plugs in the garden for me but no ex lax for the dog as it's quite cute even if noisy
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by bret ->
Is it possible seeing as the people aren't friendly to try and befriend the dog in some way - nothing outrageous or too strenuous - just talking to it over the fence from time to time - animals get lonely too - and giving it a few titbits - left over meat chops etc - once the dog gets to know you they may in fact quieten down? you would then be achieving several things and helping a poor lonely dog?
I really like the way you think, bret . What very nice ideas!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 06:02 PM

Just shoot the bloody dog. Sorted.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Chuck some laxative chocolate through the letter box while your neighbours are out and have left the dog at home.

😂🤣😅....that is so naughty....
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Just shoot the bloody dog. Sorted.

I tell ya what....I could have shot those 2 neighbours across from me, it’s not the poor dogs fault....nearly all day barking and howling..when I was in the garden, it really starts to grate after a while...how their next door neighbour puts up with it I have no idea.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

11-05-2021, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Sorry I dont make replies to each of you but I do read what you suggest . I think if things became too much I would sell and go into over 60s accommodation although there are big overheads .

To move other than the over 60s place would be a big concern as once bitten twice shy and I'm told flats have very bad sound proofing , and another terraced house may be an issue too .

Meanwhile its ear plugs in the garden for me but no ex lax for the dog as it's quite cute even if noisy

My friend has moved into an over 60 complex, some need nursing care , she was telling me the elderly gentleman across from her had his daughter visit and children, she was moaning because the kids were trampling all over the garden, then she has trouble with her laundry slot..don’t forget Susan, you would be sharing the facilities with a lot of residents , I would stay put if I were you.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top