Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 10:35 PM

Lost the “eye” in Windows10 saved passwords feature

The net’s full of advice on how to change the dots into your saved password by using the eye . Only those of you who have this feature will know what I’m talking about btw .
However the eye has disappeared !
So say you’ve forgotten your password ,you go into saved passwords list which are just dots . Next to the dots was an eye . You clicked on that and your password appeared .
So where’s it gone and how do I get it back ? It used to be there , I’ve used it !
Using Google Chrome on Windows 10 PC .
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2021, 12:27 AM

Re: Lost the “eye” in Windows10 saved passwords feature

There are, it seems, solutions but I have never tried either so I don't know if they're effective.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...dows-10-a.html

How to Enable or Disable the Password Reveal Button in Windows 10

After you type your password in a password entry text box in Windows 10, you will see a password reveal button (fermata eye) that you can press to show the typed password to verify if you typed it correctly.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable the password reveal button for all users in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to enable or disable the password reveal button.

Contents
  • Option One: To Enable or Disable Password Reveal Button using Group Policy
  • Option Two: To Enable or Disable Password Reveal Button using a REG file
Perhaps a fellow poster has tried either or both of these methods or has a simpler solution.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2021, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
The net’s full of advice on how to change the dots into your saved password by using the eye . Only those of you who have this feature will know what I’m talking about btw .
However the eye has disappeared !
So say you’ve forgotten your password ,you go into saved passwords list which are just dots . Next to the dots was an eye . You clicked on that and your password appeared .
So where’s it gone and how do I get it back ? It used to be there , I’ve used it !
Using Google Chrome on Windows 10 PC .
Did you see the overlay where you had to enter your PIN?
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2021, 11:21 AM

What is the point of passwords if there is a means of revealing them to all and sundry.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2021, 11:28 AM

Would a Password Keeper help? Its free, and stores all your passwords in a secure file, and it means you only need one password ever, to access it?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2021, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by PooBear ->
What is the point of passwords if there is a means of revealing them to all and sundry.
After you type your password in a password entry text box in Windows 10, you will see a password reveal button (fermata eye) that you can press to show the typed password to verify if you typed it correctly.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2021, 11:41 AM

There must be a box somewhere where all these Microsoft bits and pieces go to when they disappear.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2021, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
There are, it seems, solutions but I have never tried either so I don't know if they're effective.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...dows-10-a.html

Perhaps a fellow poster has tried either or both of these methods or has a simpler solution.
Omah oh yes the instructions are clear as a bell . But ....the eye isn’t there anymore . Others on the Internet I’ve seen saying the same thing. So you’re left with no means of revealing what they are .
Zuleika
North West UK

12-05-2021, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by PooBear ->
No you’ve got it wrong ,they’re only available to yourself . You have to be in your account .
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

12-05-2021, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Omah oh yes the instructions are clear as a bell . But ....the eye isn’t there anymore . Others on the Internet I’ve seen saying the same thing. So you’re left with no means of revealing what they are .
OK ..... I'll test disabling/enabling on an old PC later on ..... 👁

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top