Join for free
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2021, 09:42 PM

Where have my Gmail e mails gone?

This is a nuisance now . I have 3 Gmail accounts and on my PC whichever I go into I can't see anything like I used to be able to . Has something changed?
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2021, 09:51 PM

Re: Where have my Gmail e mails gone?

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
This is a nuisance now . I have 3 Gmail accounts and on my PC whichever I go into I can't see anything like I used to be able to . Has something changed?
I have four gmail addresses and they are all OK, in fact I was on there just now, on an Apple Mac by the way, not a Windows PC.

The only time anything changes is when I clear history and cookies, then I have to start from scratch with them and key in all passcodes to have all four displayed on the screen.

One thing that gmail does which annoys me intensely is to change something and there's no way of avoiding it. There's no way of getting past whatever that change is until you've done what they have insisted on before e-mails can be composed, sent or read. That always seems to happen when I have an important e-mail to send or read, Sod's Law I guess!

No idea how long since you've been on gmail to pick up e-mails. One thing that has changed but not recently, is that there are now three 'inboxes' – Primary, Social and Promotions along the top of the inbox. I sometimes find the odd e-mail, usually from a company or organisation, in the 'Promotions' inbox. Maybe you need to click on 'Primary' and see if that will solve the problem?
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2021, 10:29 PM

Thanks Baz , have sorted it now ! Don't see the 3 inboxes however but never mind .
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2021, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Thanks Baz , have sorted it now ! Don't see the 3 inboxes however but never mind .
Good that you have sorted it, just out of curiosity and for perhaps the benefit of others at some time, what was the problem?

Three of my four gmail addresses are very old, the most recent one displays those three 'inboxes' across the top of the inbox. On the three older addresses there is a list on the lefthand side, one of those shows as 'Categories' which is where the three 'inboxes' can be found. I guess the difference is due to the three being very old addresses, the latest one is from around November 2019 I recall.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top