Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
bret
australia - travelling from west to east?
bret is male 

20-05-2021, 03:33 AM

LSD -new research

hope you are able to access this article on our aussie site The Guardian https://ablink.editorial.theguardian...y_hApnIcqlC9vw

new research into LSD and its therapeutic effects of "loosening" the brains tighter controls on how we perceive and respond to incoming data. [nothing really new in that Huxley discovered that with Mescaline] but also suggests it may be therapeutic for certain brain illnesses including PTSD?

I would love to give it a try - under controlled conditions that is - with loving kind doctors and nurses
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2021, 05:20 AM

Re: LSD -new research

Originally Posted by bret ->
hope you are able to access this article on our aussie site The Guardian https://ablink.editorial.theguardian...y_hApnIcqlC9vw

new research into LSD and its therapeutic effects of "loosening" the brains tighter controls on how we perceive and respond to incoming data. [nothing really new in that Huxley discovered that with Mescaline] but also suggests it may be therapeutic for certain brain illnesses including PTSD?

I would love to give it a try - under controlled conditions that is - with loving kind doctors and nurses

Bugger the controls and the research, I'd just love to get some more of my drug of choice in the 60/70s (don't tell my kids - actually it's OK the older ones know anyway).
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2021, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by bret ->

Hi

I wouldn't.

I have severe and complex PTSD.

That does not mean that I am a danger to anyone, my PTSD is not of that type.

Mine is a common subset, which means I blame myself for what has happened to others.

Mind altering medicines work with some forms of PTSD, they do not work with my type

I need to learn how to forget things.

This requires a different approach.

I am very laid back when it comes to anyone threatening me, I know I can cope with it.

The problem is when someone threatens others, especially women and kids.

I do tend to react to that.
bret
australia - travelling from west to east?
bret is male 

20-05-2021, 05:54 AM

fair goes!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2021, 06:33 AM

Ain't touched Lsd since February 1971.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2021, 08:26 AM

I'd be quite scared of trying that! I don't even like feeling drunk, so heaven knows what kind of experience LSD would have on me! As I understand it, your personality determines your experience on LSD, and my dreams at night are vivid enough, thanks, so its not for me
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2021, 10:36 AM

1963 for me. Had to grow my own Peyote cactus. Only did it once and it was interesting.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2021, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Ain't touched Lsd since February 1971.
I've still got some pre-decimal currency in a tin somewhere.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2021, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I've still got some pre-decimal currency in a tin somewhere.
I've got a mint set of 1970 pre-decimal coins somewhere. It was a 21st birthday prezzie from my maternal granddad.

As for LSD and other drugs, not for me, thank you very much. I don't even like getting drunk.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2021, 05:02 PM

THC for me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top