Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2021, 04:01 AM

Re: Magnesium?

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Pains in muscles and bones were suspected to be caused by a deficiency of Vit D not long ago. . Now it’s maybe magnesium ?
My problems were triggered either by mild Covid or the vaccine or both. Not a normal deficiency. Vit d magnesium vit k calcium all work together and magnesium helps absorption of the others. I tried vit d supplements but they did not help. Neither did cod liver oil. I'm not a big fan of popping vit pills usually.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 04:07 PM

Just got back to this Annie ,interesting the Vit D didn’t help . So what are you on now and hopefully getting relief still ?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thanks Annie, I'll read up a bit more before I take a supplement....

Gives you bad dreams .
Teacup
UK
Teacup is female 

03-06-2021, 05:13 PM

I use Epsom salts a lot. They seem to ease joint stiffness, but maybe it's just the bath. I use them regularly anyhow.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Gives you bad dreams .
You also dsaid “ gives you cramps” , magnesium tho supposed to ease cramps .
I’m going to try these ,just ordered online . I have cramps and pains in feet bones and ankles just like Annie .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Gives you bad dreams .
I've been having dreams just lately Muddy, not all bad, but more than I usually have. I changed my multivitamin tablet recently so I wonder if it could be that.....
I've just checked and this new multivitamin doesn't have any magnesium in it....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2021, 12:17 AM

I haven't had any bad dreams or anxiety since taking this. I wouldn't say my health situation is normal because I have never had all these problems with my muscles and ligaments and I think I must have had an unusual reaction to mild covid, but taking these supplements seem to have improved my health and wellbeing. At times I feel absolutely fabulous like in my mid twenties. But in terms of my ligament problems I've gone from limping to near normal in the mornings and normal flexibility during the day with fewer injuries and after effects of activities I used to take for granted. Not completely eradicated but a great improvement. It's the side effects of a feeling of wellness that has delighted me. Plus not feeling so stressed or irritable.

I obviously need this combination but it won't suit everyone.
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2021, 12:37 PM

will have to give this a try Annie, I can hardly get downstairs in the morning , feet and toes are so sore...Thanks for the tip
Zuleika
North West UK

04-06-2021, 02:52 PM

I have painful feet and toes and sometimes my ankles feel as if they’re being held in a vice .
Just ordered some Magnesium Citrate online ,it’s advertised to be easy on the stomach .
Don’t think I’m short on B6 or any other mineral .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2021, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
You also dsaid “ gives you cramps” , magnesium tho supposed to ease cramps .
I’m going to try these ,just ordered online . I have cramps and pains in feet bones and ankles just like Annie .
Zuleika, A few years ago, l had the same pains in my feet bones and ankles. I was told to take painkillers but they didn’t help much.
It was only when a locum suggested l have a test for low Vitamin D, that it was discovered it was extremely low, something like 17?
I have taken Vitamin D ever since and it has really helped

I stopped taking multi vitamins a while back as l always forgot to take them! Instead, l just eat lots of good wholesome food and green vegetables.
I don’t want to start on magnesium, as sometimes you can overdose yourself on these things and they do you more harm than good.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top